forgot how bad pandora tomorrow was...

#1silenthill4vidPosted 12/26/2011 8:33:36 AM
seriously...

they replace lamberts va...he breaths after every word.

take lines from the first game and change words to it..."if your in to much light youll light up like time square..."

dumb writing in general..."a little wet is better than a little dead?...."

gameplay is extremely touchy compared to the first game. im in the shadows with the meter all the way down and enemy ai can still detect me...unless I actually press against the wall.
---
tales of is japan's call of duty
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 12/26/2011 8:47:03 AM(edited)
good. it's not just me then. plus the plot I can't follow AT ALL. It jumps around and tries to introduce so many enemies - I'm like what? And those choppy "news segments" - are they supposed to try and tell a cohesive story? They are so annoying.
#3AzanodePosted 12/26/2011 2:21:02 PM
Yeah, I got the trilogy on disc and was ready to go through the whole set, but before I finished the first mission I remembered why I didn't like it that much and just skipped to CT.
#4ZiggyzoozooPosted 1/13/2012 9:23:19 PM
Dennis Haysbert (who voices Lambert in Pandora Tomorrow) just sucks in it. Not only does he inhale EVERY SINGLE TIME HE SPEAKS but he also has horrible delivery. "What are you doing. The mission is over." He says those two sentences in such a dead way. Horrible, horrible voice acting just from him alone.
#5You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/15/2012 5:43:10 AM
Yeah, I've agreed since Pnadora Tomorrow's initial launch way back. Such a disappointing game in almost every way. But at the very least, they didn't dumb it down like games today.

I think my biggest disappointment, aside from the horrible voice-acting in general (minus Sam), is the music.
#6Famine_10f4Posted 1/15/2012 9:25:29 PM

The Spies and Mercs is what kept it alive... I liked a few levels, the train and airport being some of my favorite missions.

#7You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/16/2012 6:26:49 AM
I think one of Pandora Tomorrow's biggest downfalls was that it felt so much more linear than the first game. Now I know that the first game is pretty linear as well, but there seemed to be more options when it came to getting passed an area, whereas in Pandora Tomorrow, there's always an obvious "correct" path to take.

In the first game, you'd find yourself in a room, darkness in the corners, but big lights here and there that kept you from just going for it. Then there'd be a pipe you could climb and cross the room, but it ran right under a big light. Then there'd be enemies on patrol, and a camera on the far wall to boot. You could reasonably take any path if you were careful and planned accordingly, since all were viable routs but posed risks as well.

In Pandora Tomorrow, however, you're in the same room, except there's only darkness where you entered the room from and in the corner to your left, where the pipe is, and there's no light above the pipe. To take ANY other action would result in detection. The areas in the first game also seemed bigger and wider, whereas Pandora Tomorrow felt more restrictive and narrow.

Then there's the touchy AI and the poor lighting system. I can't count the number of times that my light meter has sky-rocketed despite Sam not actually stepping out of shadow or even going remotely close to a light source.

The bad movement animations and laughable voice overs add insult to injury, and though it's all opinion when it comes to the music, I personally really didn't like any of the music in Pandora Tomorrow...remember the music that played in the last level of the first game? Sent shivers down my spine.
#8nitepanther1987Posted 1/22/2012 4:55:01 AM
Pandora Tomorrow is probably my favorite out of the whole series (I love every single one of them including DA and Conviction). Suprised it gets so much hate. I never had any issues with the AI, the voice acting isn't that terrible, and I loved the different locations (especially the village and Jerusalem levels.
#9You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/22/2012 8:03:01 AM
I agree about the exotic locations. Was a nice departure from the first game's constant indoor office-crawls. I should mention that I don't think Pandora Tomorrow was a bad game by any means, just less polished, and overall I preferred the other games.

This is what I find most interesting about the Splinter Cell series as opposed to other series; different people all have a different favourite and least favourite, whereas other series generally have a "best" and "worst" game.
#10nitepanther1987Posted 1/22/2012 5:07:04 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
I agree about the exotic locations. Was a nice departure from the first game's constant indoor office-crawls. I should mention that I don't think Pandora Tomorrow was a bad game by any means, just less polished, and overall I preferred the other games.

This is what I find most interesting about the Splinter Cell series as opposed to other series; different people all have a different favourite and least favourite, whereas other series generally have a "best" and "worst" game.

Well I'm in the minority in that Chaos Theory is probably my least favorite game in the series. But saying that is like me saying that I give all the other games a 10/10, and CT gets a 9.9/10.