can't even get pass those darn guards?

#1Mas_OyamaPosted 4/22/2012 10:41:51 AM
I'm so frustrated right now... I can't even get passed the gards at the very freaking begining of the demo...

That damn sniper always spot me... this is ridiculous... there is only 1 path: right through a street guarded by soldiers and a sniper... I tried to stick to the shadows... proned... it doesn't work. I tried going through the buildings... you can't open a freaking door.

Is there something I'm doing bad???
---
I don't have imagination for a better sig ;_;
#2ZukkusPosted 4/22/2012 10:55:55 AM
"Get past the guards" means shoot everyone in sight. Just go into focus mode and take out the sniper, everyone else should be easy to kill.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#3Mas_Oyama(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 10:58:50 AM
oh. I thought this was supposed to be an actual sniper game. Turns out its call of duty except with a sniper rifle. meh. NEXT!
---
I don't have imagination for a better sig ;_;
#4BlackMantisPosted 4/22/2012 1:14:31 PM
Boo ****ing hoo...
#5pengalorPosted 4/23/2012 12:20:20 AM
Mas_Oyama posted...
oh. I thought this was supposed to be an actual sniper game. Turns out its call of duty except with a sniper rifle. meh. NEXT!

I'm guessing you're trolling. For one, Call of Duty doesn't have bullet drop/travel time/wind adjustment. Secondly, you are stating this like it was a fact after playing a 15-minute level that may or may not be entirely representative of the whole game. Thirdly, what makes a 'sniper game' exactly? Seems to me it would involve using a sniper rifle for a large part of the game. Sounds like this game has that covered and more.
---
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Pengalor/sig_2copy.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/pengalor/advanced
#6ViciousCowPosted 4/23/2012 10:51:19 PM
The point of the demo was to showcase x-ray kills, shooting, and setting explosives. There was an article that stated that the very next level in the game is much more open-ended.
#7SelsidianPosted 4/24/2012 12:11:22 AM
ITT OP is a braindead 12 year old.
#8jer_1Posted 4/24/2012 9:05:57 AM
Don't even leave the first building you start off in. Take out the guy standing in the entry on the right, then sneak to the ledge where you drop down (but don't drop). Look down the street and you see the guys down the road, take some of them out from there then retreat to where you shot the first person...wait for them all to come to you and pick them off easy like. Once they're all gone (except the sniper) drop down and walk towards the window leading out, then move a room to the right and put your back against the window sill while crouched. You'll likely be able to see the sniper way down there. Take a peek and sight the sniper up quickly and fire, rinse repeat.

This method works like a charm even on sniper elite difficulty.
#9jer_1Posted 4/24/2012 9:08:46 AM
I honestly really enjoyed the demo, it was fun enough for me to preorder the game. I guess some people don't have the patience for this type of a game, but I really think you need to give it more time. These kind of games are more rewarding to me, the patience pays off bigtime when you get that great shot!
#10BlackMantisPosted 4/24/2012 9:26:48 AM
If you can't figure out how to play the game, then maybe you should drop your standards a bit and find a game that's going to be challenging for someone like you. I'm sure there are many out there.