Is this freezing up for anybody else?

#1ATARIJAWAPosted 4/23/2012 9:08:15 AM
I've been playing for 2 hours and the program has stopped running 4 or 5 times. I realize it's a demo but I'm not buying the retail release until I make sure this isn't going to happen every 10 minutes or so. It seems to be able to freeze anytime but mainly does it when switching out of scope mode.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#2noscope247Posted 4/23/2012 2:04:21 PM
whats your system specs?
---
PSN-xSyKoTiKx
Specs: GTX260; Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.8ghz; 4GB of RAM
#3ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 2:42:26 PM(edited)
Mid range i7 cpu (don't remember the exact speed but I know it's not the best one and not the worst one.)
560m 2GB GPU
12 GB ram.

It's an ASUS G-74 gaming laptop.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#4worldwar24Posted 4/23/2012 3:57:25 PM
Much better laptop than mine[Asus k52J] - I'm getting no freezing issues, or crashes. [mind you i've lowered the resolution to 1024x768].

Update drivers? Defrag etc
---
xxiv
#5ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:51:17 AM
Well the retail release keeps freezing on me now too. Hmm. I wonder what's up with how I have it set up. Changing settings and resolution doesn't appear to help. All my other games work fine.
---
#6HunterTorenPosted 5/4/2012 2:35:42 PM
Mine just demo just freezes and closes a second into the rebellion opening screen, don't really know much about computers... I play on a lap top that seems to run most things okay but overheats fairly easily.
#7iamftwlolPosted 5/4/2012 3:16:57 PM
I don't know if it was an issue for just myself, or multiple people. But today I went to launch the game and it froze as soon as the Rebellion logo popped up and just sit there. Tried launching directly from Steam, didn't work. Then I tried closing Steam and opening it again and it gave me some warning about running Steam in compatibility mode which I had not tried to do at all, so Steam would not start. Ended up having to delete a registry entry that for some reason had been applied to Steam, for what reason I don't know. But now the game launches fine. Was weird, seeing as how the game has been running without an issue since I bought it...
---
I am storng and doesn't afraid of anything!
#8ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 8:23:18 PM
I can get past the start up screen and actually play the game but can't make it through a full level without freezing (I did purchase the actual full retail release, against my better judgement). Constantly having to manually shut the program down through task manager and restarting is getting to be a pain in the rump.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 66
#9roamin spiderPosted 5/30/2012 11:35:04 AM
Just downloaded the game from steam and i'm having the same problem. Once a load screen put me under the map so it just kept spawning me and i would fall to my death. now after i kill the first guy with my rifle it has frozen 4 times immediately after i kill him and come out of the scope.

i've had the game about 10 minutes now...
w...t...f...
---
A taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.
#10roamin spiderPosted 5/30/2012 11:38:53 AM
This is really f'd up though seriously. I just built a gaming pc to get into pc gaming and i have to deal with this? I'm redownloading and reinstalling and seeing if that helps...
---
A taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.