Which platform to pick-up?

#1eldanonPosted 4/25/2012 7:34:40 AM
So I've been a console player for the last decade or so... All of my RL friends have consoles and my virtual buddies are all on xbox live. I recently built a nice gaming rig and got back into PC games.

I love shooters on PC, the PC is the only one that gets TDM so I would definitely prefer to play this on PC but I'm somewhat concerned that I have nobody to play co-up with on PC. Would you rather play this on a console with a friend or go for the PC version?

This board certainly gets a lot less traffic than the 360/PS3 board... how easy do you think it'll be to find a decent, mature person to play PC co-op for this game?

Thanks for the opinions!
#2SpacedDuckPosted 4/25/2012 10:17:00 AM
This game is a PC buy for sure. Having the ability to aim with more precision is a must. I am a hardcore console gamer but this game would be better all around on PC.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 4/25/2012 10:55:27 AM
I play it on PC with an Xbox controller so it kind of seems the same.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#4eldanon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:53:41 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
I play it on PC with an Xbox controller so it kind of seems the same.

Oh I most definitely prefer the mouse & keyboard layout for shooters. My only concern with getting the PC version is lack of friends with PCs... guess I might find out what kind of a community there'll be with randoms for this game.
#5ATARIJAWAPosted 4/25/2012 5:24:12 PM
I prefer mouse and keyboard too but had to use the controller because for some reason the demo wouldn't let me fire using the mouse. Everytime I was in cover and zoomed in when I hit the left mouse button which is the fire button it would kick me out of cover and not fire. It would only fire in third person mode for some reason. Weird glitch.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Major dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 57
#6ZukkusPosted 4/26/2012 3:15:59 PM
Because Rebellion is self-publishing on PC, more money will go to them directly if you buy a PC copy.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#7eldanon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 6:49:36 AM
Zukkus posted...
Because Rebellion is self-publishing on PC, more money will go to them directly if you buy a PC copy.

Good point... judging by absolute silence on this board, they're not going to make their money back on their game so this is likely the last SE we see =(

I went ahead and pre-ordered on steam. If any mature, sane person wants to do some co-op, let me know... I just got back into PC gaming after a decade and have no friends with PCs =(.
#8BlackMantisPosted 4/29/2012 8:00:17 PM
Going to get this one on PC in a few weeks.

I have the demo on PS3 and it's frustrating trying to aim with the analog stick.