Fellow snipers!!! Any other games like this?

#1S1lver_Bull3tPosted 5/8/2012 5:46:37 PM(edited)
I've been a fan of the sniper-style of gaming for a while now, and this game made me remember my love for the style. Now, are there any other games that are great for snipers? (Thinking of picking up Ghost Warrior or Operation Flashpoint: Red River. Also, heard Medal of Honor (the newest one) has a pretty memorable sniper mission)
---
Can I really put anything I want in this little box? Cool!
#2worldwar24Posted 5/8/2012 11:43:20 PM
You've about covered it as it stands at the moment except perhaps for Battlefield 3, [which I haven't played due to lack of good broadband].

There's a little flash game called Sierra 7 that has a series of shooting challenge levels aside from it's main story. One of these is a sniping range that uses windage and bullet drop to good effect.
---
xxiv
#3Sir_ThomasPosted 5/9/2012 9:55:37 AM
While they are not traditional "war" games, Fallout 3 and Fallout 3: New Vegas do have plenty of missions where a sniper rifle comes in handy. One of the many mods for both games includes a fabulous sniper rifle called The Finger of God.
#4MrEverdredPosted 5/9/2012 10:43:27 AM
I bought the sniper rifle as soon as I could in Wolfenstein and played the rest of the game with it. Another FPS where you can pretty much run with a sniper rifle the whole time is Borderlands. Neither of these are sniping games but both have the option to spend the vast majority of your time doing so if you choose.
---
Phenom II X4 960T | 8GB Mushkin Silverline | XFX HD 6850
Add me on BC2: xEverdred
#5S1lver_Bull3t(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 12:53:54 PM
K, I might try Wolfenstein I guess. Borderlands, how is it if playing solo? And I didn't really like Fallout 3 :/
---
#6Sir_ThomasPosted 5/10/2012 7:29:20 AM
You may not have liked Fallout 3; it was very dark, but New Vegas is a whole new game. It has much more of a western theme; takes place in the West after all. Has a lot more interactive detail than Sniper Elite V2.
#7ZukkusPosted 5/10/2012 3:48:16 PM
The original Sniper Elite. It's gameplay systems are a bit archaic and wonky, and it has some strange AI. But it's more open and stealth-based. Plus there's some laughable voice acting, which is always a good time.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#8S1lver_Bull3t(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 6:26:25 PM
Alright, I recently discovered GOG.com which has Sniper Elite 1 for $9.99. And I actually really like western themes, so I may give Fallout NV a try...
---