What are the best 4 heroes to have out?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 2/9/2011 10:42:09 AM
Right now im using Lucille (cleric), Shepard (warrior), Gustav (rogue), Feung (fighter). Is this the best team to use? What do you guys use?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2wingsoflight255Posted 2/9/2011 1:50:33 PM
there is no "best". I personally use a wizard, a monk, a bard, and cleric. I level them all up though. Rogue + Barabarian + knight + bard/cleric also makes a viable choice.
#3FurryFatsPosted 2/12/2011 12:57:16 PM
personally, I would advise swapping the knight or monk out. you're playing with 2 tanks... might have a little difficulty dishing out damage.
---
i am incapable of coming up with witty signatures so this will do.
#4FrimpZillaPosted 2/12/2011 2:07:21 PM
What I like about this game is that you can be quite flexible.

1 Tank - Knight/Monk
1 Healer - Cleric/Bard
2 DPS - Depending on what I feel like. Usually a melee and ranged combo.

Changing things up is always fun.
#5SzeidenPosted 2/13/2011 8:41:27 PM

The beauty of this game is how surprisingly well balanced most class compositions are. It is really hard to actually 'go wrong' with your choice, so just pick whatever you find the most fun. In terms of breezing through the levels though, I would suggest:

Two Wizards

One Knight

One Cleric

You can even leave out the knight if you don't like worrying about four characters. Make sure both wizards have blizzard and simply alternate casting it. The enemies will be slowed for a majority of the time (and later when you get CD reduction items, they will be slowed most of the battle). This effectively negates having to worry about melee enemies as it makes kiting them with your Wizards very easy. The target enemies heading for your cleric first and just keep her out of harms way. You should need the cleric usually as your Wizards should rarely get hit by melee units, but you'll need her to heal your Wizards when ranged units show up. Ranged units are the only enemies you should be worried about. To deal with them, get Conflagrate which disables an enemy for 6 seconds while dealing damage. Focus down the ranged enemy with both Wizards while it runs around on fire. The 6 seconds is usually almost enough to focus them down and they should only get a couple shots off before you kill them. When more than one ranged enemy spawns, simply cast one Conflagrate on each. When you get teleport, it makes your job even easier as kiting is a breeze even without Blizzard (though you will still need to cast Blizzard anyway to help your Cleric since she can't teleport). This build isn't meant to clear levels the fastest, but it is meant to clear levels which would be too difficult with another combination. In other words, if a level is very difficult, you are more likely to beat it with this combo, but if a level is easier, this combo will be slower than a combo with a rogue or berserker.

#6SzeidenPosted 2/13/2011 8:46:21 PM

IGNORE MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE, some typos made some of it confusing...

The beauty of this game is how surprisingly well balanced most character compositions are. It is really hard to actually 'go wrong' with your choice, so just pick whatever you find the most fun. In terms of breezing through the levels though, I would suggest:

Two Wizards

One Knight

One Cleric

You can even leave out the knight if you don't like worrying about four characters. Make sure both wizards have blizzard and simply alternate casting it. The enemies will be slowed for a majority of the time (and later when you get CD reduction items, they will be slowed most of the battle). This effectively negates having to worry about melee enemies as it makes kiting them with your Wizards very easy. Target the enemies heading for your cleric first and try to keep her away from the action. You shouldn't need the cleric usually as your Wizards should rarely get hit by melee units, but you'll need her to heal your Wizards when ranged units show up. Ranged units are the only enemies you should be worried about. To deal with them, get Conflagrate which disables an enemy for 6 seconds while dealing damage. Focus down the ranged enemy with both Wizards while it runs around on fire. The 6 seconds is usually almost enough to focus them down completely and they should only get a couple shots off before you kill them. When more than one ranged enemy spawns, simply cast one Conflagrate on each. When you get teleport, it makes your job even easier as kiting is a breeze even without Blizzard (though you will still need to cast Blizzard anyway to help your Cleric since she can't teleport).

This build isn't meant to clear levels the fastest, but it is meant to clear levels which would be too difficult with another combination. In other words, if a level is very difficult, you are more likely to beat it with this combo, but if a level is easier, this combo will be slower than a combo with a rogue or berserker.