Mario going down the route of Crash Bandicoot?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D Land
  3. Mario going down the route of Crash Bandicoot?
4 years ago#1
Keep in mind that I grew up during the NES generation. My last mario game I truly enjoyed was 64.

Sunshine was great and I applaud them for trying something different, but having the backpack 99% of the time was boring, Galaxy was a great game as well. My only gripe is the motion controls. I feel motion controls are gimmicky. If you slap a gamecube or classic controller onto galaxies, i feel it would be on par with 64 ( and that may be my nostalgia kicking in)

Now fast foward to his more recent games....SMG2, NSMB, and now this. I think Yahtzee from the escapist magazine said it best when reviewing SMG1." Where else is mario to go when he has been to space?"

I feel the last couple of installations have been nothing but rehashes of a formula, While giving mario fans mario...not really offering anything new to the table and the difficulty is becoming laughable.

This game seems to follow that route. Throw some nostalgia (tanooki) , copy formula and boom , sell massive amounts of games. Marios 25th anniversary was even lousy. Look at Crash: Mind Over Mutant. Activision delivered nostalgia AND offered it in a new way. It seems like the quality of mario games has gone down and Crash with Crash of the Titans and MOM has gone up.
---
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
4 years ago#2
I really don't see the similarities between 3D Land and Crash. MAYBE the 2D levels, but otherwise it's grasping at straws. :/
4 years ago#3
NOTE: This thread has been identified as a Toke Jopic. It's failure rate is 95.32%. Conclusion: TC knows how to copy and paste.

Original Jopic found here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620831-super-mario-3d-land/61027348
---
I have a gaming blog! - www.ihavefury.com
Featured Article: Shadow Wars Review - http://www.ihavefury.com/2011/11/3ds-review-ghost-recon-shadow-wars.html
4 years ago#4
Mario should go down the route of Homestuck.

Okay not really.

But a Homestuck topic would be better than this one.

edit: One aspect of the plot is explained in terms of Crash Bandicoots.
---
awful, artificial, and amusing
Dance puppets dance. Regular puppets don't.
(message deleted)
4 years ago#6
ChronoCactaur posted...
I really don't see the similarities between 3D Land and Crash. MAYBE the 2D levels, but otherwise it's grasping at straws. :/

I can see a few similarities to EARLY Crash titles and this game. But it'd be a stretch to say the rest of the game has many similarities.... though I don't know much about Crash apart from his first two games, so I can't speak for his later titles resemblances to Mario.
---
You can look? This object... You crash your theory.
4 years ago#7
I'm sure I read this EXACT thread before but with Sonic instead of Crash Bandicoot.

ALSO: Crash Bandicoot games were only decent at best.
4 years ago#8
the_phenom_ posted...
I'm sure I read this EXACT thread before but with Sonic instead of Crash Bandicoot.

You did.
---
You can look? This object... You crash your theory.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D Land
  3. Mario going down the route of Crash Bandicoot?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived