Glittering Stars? Really?

#1LDK_VergilPosted 3/8/2012 12:40:41 AM
I generally try to make a habit never to look at Cheats before I beat a game. I've almost 100% all of the levels, and just decided to look here if there were any "hidden areas" I'd missed. Now, I see that there are "Glittering Stars" you can get, but only if you've never seen or used the Gold Box?

How sure on we on that? I know that if you *do* use the Gold Tanooki suit on a level, it doesn't save your best time, but if you go back and beat it without the Gold Tanooki, it will count. Are you guys 100% sure that won't work?

As someone who suffers some Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, this is exactly the kind of thing that makes video-games a nightmare for me. If I have to delete my file and start all over again, and never even see a box spawn... I think I'm gonna cry :*(
#2Tortus2Posted 3/8/2012 8:18:06 AM
In that case, be prepared to cry as if you lose 5 lives in a level (not including the Special Worlds) and even see that Gold box then you have to start from the beginning if you want those Glitteting Stars. They do nothing except glitter, though. You only need the five normal stars to unlock the final level.
#3SupaTubularDOODPosted 3/8/2012 11:08:54 AM
I ended up restarting after beating everything with mario for the sake of glittering stars. But it was actually pretty easy. After going through the special world the main game is kind of a breeze (still fun, mind you). If you do see a gold box spawn, just reset immediately and redo the level.
#4imagineer100Posted 3/8/2012 12:30:54 PM
Wait, you can die more than 5 times on a Special Level and still get the Glittering Stars?
---
Mario Kart DS will ALWAYS be the best Mario Kart game!
#5Tortus2Posted 3/8/2012 2:08:29 PM
imagineer100 posted...
Wait, you can die more than 5 times on a Special Level and still get the Glittering Stars?

Yes, as the Gold Tanooki boxes don't appear on the Special levels.
#6LDK_Vergil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 5:55:18 PM
Alright, just let me ask...

If I die more than 5 times on a Normal World that I ALREADY BEAT, will the Gold Tanooki Suit still appear? I don't want to start over if the Glittering Stars can disappear when I'm replaying levels for fun.
#7Luigi DMPosted 3/9/2012 12:27:24 PM
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

so no glitters from dying, getting gold boxes and having them appear...

what causes them to appear? how do you prevent that?
#8Tortus2Posted 3/9/2012 12:30:03 PM
Luigi DM posted...
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...

so no glitters from dying, getting gold boxes and having them appear...

what causes them to appear? how do you prevent that?

If you die, like, five times in a level, that will cause the boxes to appear. However, this does not apply to the Special levels.
#9Luigi DMPosted 3/9/2012 6:25:45 PM
ah thanks
they sounded like two seperate things.