Secrets of Super Mario 3D Land *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

#1bensmithuserPosted 4/13/2012 5:41:55 PM
OK. I want to post some glitches, secrets, and shortcuts.

Secrets

World 1-2: There's the Koopa 1-Up trick (and a Super Star next to it), and the World Warp Pipe to World 2.
World 1-3: There is the UFO if you look in the binoculars. Also, there is a shortcut to the midway point.
World 1-4: Near the end of the level just after the geysers, if you turn back, there is an invisible 1-Up Mushroom block.
World 1-Castle: If you have a leaf of any kind, you can skip almost the whole boss battle by long jumping and reaching the switch..
World 2-3: If you pass the Goal Pole, you can go inside the castle to go to an 8-bit 1-Up Mushroom-shaped platform with a 1-Up Mushroom.
World 2-4: This applies to most levels with Baddie Boxes, there is a 1-Up trick that allows you to stomp on the Goombas. The Super Leaf is recommended.
World 2-Airship: This applies for most airship level, if you go to the tip of an airship at the end, there is usually a 1-Up Mushroom.
World 3-4: At the beginning of the level, you can hit an invisible block and reach the midway point easily.
World 3-Airship: If you go behind you in the beginning, there is a Mushroom at the tip of the airship.
World 4-2: There is a World Warp Pipe to World 5 at the top.
World 4-Airship: In the part after the first set of Flip-Swap platforms, there is several rectangular multi-coin blocks at the top. Also, there is a 1-Up trick with Pom Pom, if you can bounce on her shell repeatedly.
World 5-1: You can get several lives by jumping on the tails of the Tail Thwomps repetitively.
World 5-4: The gold rock at the end of the level can withstand several kicks.
World 6-2: There is apparently a path between the entrance to the second part and the first Star Medal.
World 7-1: The well-known shortcut to the Goal Pole is in the beginning.
World 7-3: A major shortcut to the second half of the level is in the beginning if you have a Super Leaf.
World 7-4: At the part with the rotating L-shaped platforms, you can reach the flagpole with a long jump.
World 8-1: There is a ? Box at the area with the second Star Medal, and there is a shortcut to the Goal Pole in the part after that.
World 8-3: There is an invisible Super Star block at the part with the many rotating blocks.
World 8-4: There is a ? Box above the first ? Block at the part with the second moving platform. Also, where the Star Medal would be in Special 6-5 is a 1-Up Mushroom.
World 8-6: Turns out the bolt the first nut platform rides is actually solid, so this is efficient for a good speedrun.
World 8-Bowser's Castle 2: Turns out after you leave some of the platforms in the Bowser battle, and I don't mean the cracked ones, those platforms fall after a while.
Special 1-3: There is a ? Box at the Cheep Cheep platform. If you go inside the castle at the end, there is a 1-Up.
Special 3-Airship: In the area with the Goal Pole, there are a bunch of Toads who throw a ring of coins. Is this the only level where they do that?
Special 5-3: At the part with the first geyser, if you skip it, you can access a secret area in which there is a 1-Up Mushroom block.

Glitches

Baddie Box Invincibility Leaf: This can only be done in 2-4 and 5-Castle. If White Tanooki Mario ground-pounds a Baddie Box, there will be a long explosion and a laggy game, along with the sound of a vine growing from SMB.

Boomerang Glitch: If you manage to throw a boomerang then enter a door or a Warp Box, the boomerang will act as if it was around for too long and shatter.

Laggy Prongo: Managing to hit a Prongo with a boomerang may result in lagging.

Morty Mole Glitch: If you manage to tail whip a Morty Mole but run into it at the same second, then it will first look like it has shrunken, but it grows back instantly.

Think of more secrets and glitches please!
#2ukokira1Posted 4/13/2012 9:55:57 PM
you forgot to mention the creepy ghost that appears at the end of any ghost house [its easiest to see in world 4-4]
---
3DS FC: 2750-1586-8989
#3bensmithuser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 6:38:56 PM
What creepy ghost? The Big Boo? The platform?
#4ukokira1Posted 4/14/2012 11:02:08 PM
no... its not big boo. its like the hell valley sky tree figures in super mario galaxy 2 shiverburn galaxy. look in this board for a [locked] topic called world 4-4 creepy ghost.
---
#5bensmithuser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 4:34:35 AM
I saw the topic, but I couldn't see it. I thought it was a rock. Oh, and more glitches and secrets:

Glitches:

Flip-Swap Over-Under: This might not be a glitch, but if Mario goes under a Flip-Swap platform, he will instantly appear on top of it.

Two Songs at the Same Time = I saw this on YouTube, if you enter the title screen's controls room, but go back to the title screen, the title screen music and the control room music will both play at the same time.

Big Cosmic Clone don't Disappear Right = If you exit a zone where the Big Cosmic Clone (Don't know what the Cosmic Clones are called in the Prima Guide) appears, you can hear the appearing / disappearing noise for a bit and he's still there for a bit then disappears in a smoke screen that has been there since Mario has exited the screen.

Secrets:

Invisible Block Mario can tell where invisible blocks are. Whether the block is invisible or not, Mario will be looking at it when near, like he looks at a boss in NSMB or a Boo in NSMBWII. I don't know why he can tell where invisible blocks are, but this is useful for those who want to find 1-Ups.

Questions:

Are the Toads in 3-Airship the only Toads who throw coins?
What is the Prima Guide name for the Cosmic Clone?
Is there any way to kill a Fuzzy other than a Star / Invincibility Leaf?
If Podoboos can be killed with a Star, why aren't there any stars in any levels with them?
Is S5-1 a remake of World 2-4 or a ghostly version of World 8-5?
What do you think that thing that makes a platform go up when Mario tail spins it? A gear or a cog?
#6ukokira1Posted 4/19/2012 4:50:54 AM
bensmithuser posted...
I saw the topic, but I couldn't see it. I thought it was a rock. Oh, and more glitches and secrets:

Glitches:

Flip-Swap Over-Under: This might not be a glitch, but if Mario goes under a Flip-Swap platform, he will instantly appear on top of it.

Two Songs at the Same Time = I saw this on YouTube, if you enter the title screen's controls room, but go back to the title screen, the title screen music and the control room music will both play at the same time.

Big Cosmic Clone don't Disappear Right = If you exit a zone where the Big Cosmic Clone (Don't know what the Cosmic Clones are called in the Prima Guide) appears, you can hear the appearing / disappearing noise for a bit and he's still there for a bit then disappears in a smoke screen that has been there since Mario has exited the screen.

Secrets:

Invisible Block Mario can tell where invisible blocks are. Whether the block is invisible or not, Mario will be looking at it when near, like he looks at a boss in NSMB or a Boo in NSMBWII. I don't know why he can tell where invisible blocks are, but this is useful for those who want to find 1-Ups.

Questions:

Are the Toads in 3-Airship the only Toads who throw coins?
What is the Prima Guide name for the Cosmic Clone?
Is there any way to kill a Fuzzy other than a Star / Invincibility Leaf?
If Podoboos can be killed with a Star, why aren't there any stars in any levels with them?
Is S5-1 a remake of World 2-4 or a ghostly version of World 8-5?
What do you think that thing that makes a platform go up when Mario tail spins it? A gear or a cog?

o-o
---
#7JackslickPosted 4/19/2012 10:09:55 PM
"Boomerang Glitch: If you manage to throw a boomerang then enter a door or a Warp Box, the boomerang will act as if it was around for too long and shatter."

Mind explaining how this is considered a glitch in your opinion? Sounds like something that is meant to happen IMO. Considering, of course, the fact that the boomerang has nowhere to return to since you used a warp box to teleport somewhere else in the stage. Or did you expect the boomerang to keep going forever? (which WOULD be a glitch, unless programmed to do so)
---
I'm sorry (best I put it here, just in case).
#8bensmithuser(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 1:29:04 PM
I kinda forget... I thought that was the boomerang glitch...
#9rush86Posted 5/7/2012 12:46:21 AM
bensmithuser posted...
What creepy ghost? The Big Boo? The platform?

its at the end of every ghost level just sit and wait by the flag pole at the end and ull see this creepy looking ghost pop up after 30 seconds to a minute then disappear. hes behind the fence in the background on the right side