World Map Trouble

#1BoatchPosted 2/11/2012 6:19:00 AM
Hi I am enjoying this game so far, but once in the world map how do you get out?
---
If you ever go to war make sure you jump when you throw a grenade, it will go further. Also step side to to side it will help you survive.
#2Mewthree15Posted 2/11/2012 6:33:16 AM
Left Click your squad on the top left and then right click on a city marker. If the city is in enemy hands you can get into the city by just going inside the red area.
---
XBL GT/Steam ID: Madlib7
#3Boatch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 6:46:41 AM
Thanks loads. Kinda been frustrating and couldn't find a manual.
---
If you ever go to war make sure you jump when you throw a grenade, it will go further. Also step side to to side it will help you survive.
#4AsanteRevellPosted 2/11/2012 7:20:57 AM
the manual doesn't tell you either

and you need to put the game out of pause, if the game is paused it won't go into the game map.
---
Parachutes are for Girls.
#5WCK619Posted 2/11/2012 2:47:50 PM

would have been nice if the tutorial covered more than just combat. But as long as there's people online helping each other out finding google results will be easy.

#6moyashi101Posted 2/12/2012 5:58:10 PM
Also, if you want to go into a captured city where your mercs are already stationed. Select the city and click the very hard to see button at the bottom of the screen.... and have your computer crash ;-) seems that is a bit bugged. So far it has crashed 100% of the time for me, but I only tried it three times, and decided I have had enough of crashing.
#7GraevesPosted 2/14/2012 6:31:45 AM
WCK619 posted...
would have been nice if the tutorial covered more than just combat. But as long as there's people online helping each other out finding google results will be easy.

That would be usefull, if there was something else to do on the world-map except moving and standing still...

They could have done much more with the map, like implement a decent Sector inventory and the ability to train and equip the militia.

Having to constantly re-arm them while they aren't even that usefull is kind off a bother...
---
"It's not about black or white because we're human." - Tupac Shakur
#8JeffLamPosted 2/14/2012 8:22:09 AM
moyashi101 posted...
Also, if you want to go into a captured city where your mercs are already stationed. Select the city and click the very hard to see button at the bottom of the screen.... and have your computer crash ;-) seems that is a bit bugged. So far it has crashed 100% of the time for me, but I only tried it three times, and decided I have had enough of crashing.

I never even noticed a button. I always just right-clicked on the location marker, and if the squad is already within the area, they'll just immediately "arrive". This is handy too, because the location of the squad on the world-map corresponds to where they "spawn" when you go into a location, making it much faster to get the squad next to the merchant in a town before actually entering the location.
#9moyashi101Posted 2/14/2012 3:25:21 PM
JeffLam posted...

I never even noticed a button. I always just right-clicked on the location marker, and if the squad is already within the area, they'll just immediately "arrive". This is handy too, because the location of the squad on the world-map corresponds to where they "spawn" when you go into a location, making it much faster to get the squad next to the merchant in a town before actually entering the location.

After patching the game I don't notice one there either. I swear it was there though.... as I clicked it three times. Weird..... it seems that every patch that fixes something breaks or removes something else.