So how well is this selling?

#51NoizyChildPosted 4/18/2012 9:37:59 PM
I've only played the demo so far. Game seems pretty open-ended.

That said, anyone thinking that this game is going to develop some massive following is clearly delusional.

The main people that play this game are hardcore snobs that think they're better than the current games that are out.

That's a pretty small group.

Granted, while I believe this game will have a community, it won't be anywhere near SFxT's.

And this is coming from someone that hardly plays SFxT.
---
In America businesses don't need profits to survive. - llaW_Enots
#52iHeartMotaPosted 4/18/2012 10:23:52 PM
Quote:I've only played the demo so far. Game seems pretty open-ended.

That said, anyone thinking that this game is going to develop some massive following is clearly delusional.

The main people that play this game are hardcore snobs that think they're better than the current games that are out.

Granted, while I believe this game will have a community, it won't be anywhere near SFxT's.

@NoizyChild

Are sure about that? Lots of top players are hating on the game and only play it because it's at Evo. AE and umvc3 still has a bigger following and I doubt sfxtekken will be big after evo even with the 12 new chars.

If the mvc crowd and the anime fighter crowd sticks with this game. It may be have good following.
---
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. - Calvin and Hobbes.
#53NoizyChildPosted 4/18/2012 10:39:31 PM

Are sure about that? Lots of top players are hating on the game and only play it because it's at Evo. AE and umvc3 still has a bigger following and I doubt sfxtekken will be big after evo even with the 12 new chars.

If the mvc crowd and the anime fighter crowd sticks with this game. It may be have good following.

The top players were the main ones praising the game. The only complaints I've heard from them were the time-outs.

Like I said, this game will have a community. It just won't be big enough to rival anything from Capcom.
---
In America businesses don't need profits to survive. - llaW_Enots
#54iHeartMotaPosted 4/18/2012 10:48:52 PM
I'm only basing on what ultrachen is saying and they say SoCal don't like the game. Norcal wasn't hype about the game during finals. The 8 way run stream didn't even air it last night. Peaceful Jay no longer streaming it since it had a very low viewership. It had like 50 views on average. Powerup treated like it was a side tourney.
---
#55JELIFISH19Posted 4/18/2012 11:03:32 PM
iHeartMota posted...
@NoizyChild

They're not playing it just because it's at Evo. Plenty of top players are having good times with the game. Just think about this for a second, why play something just because it's at Evo? It's very likely that you won't end placing top 8 with the amount of killers that go to Evo. Most people who enter Evo have no intention of winning. The probability of leaving without winning a dollar is very high. Most people just go to Evo to hang out. That goes for every tournament.

If anything, I see more top players having fun with SFxT. I'm watching WNF right now and everyone playing SFxT is laughing and smiling. Alex Valle just did a dance to taunt the other team between rounds. It seems like people are having more fun with SFxT than SF4 and MvC3. The 2v2 format is very different and it makes things a lot more interesting.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#56420Gamer4LifePosted 4/18/2012 11:17:48 PM
NoizyChild posted...
I've only played the demo so far. Game seems pretty open-ended.

Wow way to make ASSumptions. Hardcore snobs how about just fans of fighting games in general. In other words MOST of us play more than one fighting game. I bought this game thinking SF X TEKKEN would end up being my main and SG would be my side game however SF X TEKKEN has become my side game.

I agree that this game might not have a massive following but im sure its going to have a larger following than expected due to it being a high quality game. Its unfortunate but lots of people have already started getting bored with SF X TEKKEN which is a shame because it shows you a large roster doesnt mean the games going to be more enjoyable than a game with a smaller roster.

The fact that almost everyone knows that SF X TEKKEN has 12 characters that they can access for quite a while also makes the game boring. Its like why bother playing a version of the game thats not complete when you know for a fact an updated version is right around the corner. As you stated this is coming from someone that hardly plays SF X T could that be because your already bored with the game?

I dont think CAPCOM predicted that so many people would be bored with the game so quickly and im also sure they thought the SF X TEKKEN would sell better than it has. One good thing about SG is its most likely surpassed expectations. Its down right embarrassing when we already see infinites and glitches for a game like SF X TEKKEN the week its released however i personally have yet to see these issues with SG.
---
LIVE TheSativaGamer
PSN TheTHCGamer
#57420Gamer4LifePosted 4/18/2012 11:20:46 PM
Cont.

It also makes me wonder if a company like CAPCOM is really taking advantage of all there resources when a 15 dollar game with a much smaller budget seems (to me at least) more polished. If this game had the same budget as other fighting games then who knows how amazing it wouldve ended up. Ive had more fun with this 15 dollar game then i have with some 60 dollar games.

You also have to remember even if someone is disappointed its a lot more enticing to take a chance with a 15 dollar game instead of a 60 dollar game. Some people taking that chance will end up liking it and some wont. thing is with a 15 dollar price point some people will give this game a chance like i have and end up playing this game till the wheels fall off. Its nice to have characters from a game that we haven seen over and over before with sequel after sequel.

So will this game have a massive following? Probably not but im sure its going to be bigger than expected which is a good thing. You could look at the other side of the spectrum and say with all the hype SF X TEKKEN had the following for that game is pretty disappointing especially if your CAPCOM. While were talking about sales who waits that long to release 12 DLC characters that we all know are pretty much finished?

CAPCOM might have set up a contract with sony not to release the 12 DLC until the vita version is released but im sure that contract might end up biting CAPCOM in the a$$. Why because im sure that contract wasnt any where near the amount of money CAPCOM expected to make off of sales of SF X TEKKEN. With the console version most likely having disappointing sales what makes CAPCOM think the vita versions sales wont be disappointing.

Im pretty damn sure lots of people will be burnt out on SF X TEKKEN by the time the vita version is released which means poor sales for the vita version and poor sales when it comes to the DLC characters unless CAPCOM does the smart thing dropping the price of the game considerably. Without even bringing it up friends are telling me how there already getting bored with SF X TEKKEN. Hell im shocked how bored i got with it so fast.

To me the only thing SG is missing is lobbies and more characters however thats due to the games budget. Sure there might be hardcore snobs who are playing this game but you dont keep playing a game for that reason you keep playing a fighting game because your having fun. The way things are going the only people that might be playing SF X TEKKEN by the time the 12 DLC characters are released are the hardcore snobs.

I really do hope word of mouth spreads through the fighting game community down to the casual that SG is a quality title that shouldnt be missed out on especially for only 15 dollars. I know ive already convinced a few people to buy this game and i hope everyone that plays fighting games gives SG a chance. This is all coming from someone who thought SF X TEKKEN would be a higher quality game and SG would be good not great.
---
LIVE TheSativaGamer
PSN TheTHCGamer
#58iHeartMotaPosted 4/18/2012 11:31:55 PM
I think it's because it's doubles. And the turnout is bad because it's doubles also. But who wouldn't have a good time if you are playing with a friend?

Also I'm still kinda upset that they don't allow gems.
---
#59420Gamer4LifePosted 4/18/2012 11:36:02 PM
JELIFISH19 posted...
iHeartMota posted...
@NoizyChild

They're not playing it just because it's at Evo. Plenty of top players are having good times with the game. Just think about this for a second, why play something just because it's at Evo? It's very likely that you won't end placing top 8 with the amount of killers that go to Evo. Most people who enter Evo have no intention of winning. The probability of leaving without winning a dollar is very high. Most people just go to Evo to hang out. That goes for every tournament.

If anything, I see more top players having fun with SFxT. I'm watching WNF right now and everyone playing SFxT is laughing and smiling. Alex Valle just did a dance to taunt the other team between rounds. It seems like people are having more fun with SFxT than SF4 and MvC3. The 2v2 format is very different and it makes things a lot more interesting.

Exactly more top level players are into SF X TEKKEN and thats because CAPCOM games seem to have priority when it comes to lots of tournments. Of course the snobs will follow suite and say SF X TEKKEN is the better game because thats what all the top lever players are playing right now. Why though? Because there going to end up making more money from a CAPCOM fighter.

CAPCOM is lucky so many top level players are playing games like SF X TEKKEN because if that wasnt the case the game would be getting less exposure. Its a shame so many people are deluded into thinking CAPCOM fighting games like SF X TEKKEN and UMvC3 are such high quality games do to them just being published by CAPCOM. Unfortunately thats the case for the casual gamer that doesnt know that a big name publisher doesnt automatically mean the games more quality.

I just hope the FGC as a whole lets people know that there are quality titles out there that migh be as good or better than CAPCOM fighting games that arent as well known.
---
LIVE TheSativaGamer
PSN TheTHCGamer
#60MilleykinsPosted 4/18/2012 11:37:23 PM
I literally had to stop watching Level Up stream tonight cause SFxT is so damn boring. And I even think Alex Valle was interesting talking with Justin Wong sooo...
---
http://i.imgur.com/qJRIM.png