I suck at mvc but i want this game...

#1Swaggamer9000Posted 4/23/2012 2:16:21 PM
So should i get it? I like MvC but i just cant get the hang of the fast paced combat and i have trouble getting people off of me/have trouble starting combos.
---
The Official SSJ4 Prince Vegeta of every board.
#2Okay_ComputerPosted 4/23/2012 2:17:48 PM
Aside from the six-button config, I would say this is a lot easier to jump into than MvC. Probably a better game all around, too.
---
I don't listen to Radiohead.
PSN/GT: Torien7
#3Shin_Akuma76Posted 4/23/2012 2:56:25 PM(edited)
Much better than Marvel vs Capcom. Besides, get good at the six butlon setup and it will reap benefits in the way you play other fighters.

Additionally, the price is right, so give it a chance, download the demo at least or make sure to run through the full tutorial that the game offers, it will bring you up to speed on some of the basic techniques in 2D fighters.
#4CervosiPosted 4/23/2012 11:19:25 PM
Here's one thing you never have to worry about in Skullgirls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-epxHxtjPLQ

FOOT-FOOT DIVE FOOT-FOOT DIVE FOOT-FOOT DIVE

Also High-low Unblockables are protected against in this game.
---
Bluh bluh.
#5Kage_AM2Posted 4/23/2012 11:29:11 PM(edited)
I played Ultimate Marvel 3 before this and the combos in this game are a bit harder and character specific combos seem more important in this game. But with that said I like this game a lot more than Marvel 3.
#6Edwin LimPosted 4/23/2012 11:45:45 PM
Personally, I find this game much much harder to get into than Marvel. So if you were to suck in Marvel, then you can expect to suck in this game as well.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#7citron0Posted 4/24/2012 12:11:29 AM
Edwin Lim posted...
Personally, I find this game much much harder to get into than Marvel. So if you were to suck in Marvel, then you can expect to suck in this game as well.

Quoted
#8T_TanggPosted 4/24/2012 12:49:38 AM
Not too hard. Good way to get into fast paced games. Then later you can go back to marvel with a better grasp. I suggest you buy it. It's only $15.00 with a good story mode.
#9LtRickGreyPosted 4/24/2012 3:24:09 AM
DEMO DEMO DEMO! They put demo's up for a reason. My brother played the hell out of the demo then bought the game. He loves it. I myself... am intrigued but not sure what to think of it.

Ironically i just bought umvc3 for my vita and find it to be stupidly fun. Especially as amaterasu after i figured out how to use her properly.
#10CantidoPosted 4/24/2012 7:05:51 AM
I got Skullgirls to get away from MvC's kusoge nonsense and have not been disappointed.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.