Dealing with Peacock Scrubs

#1hyperwangtangPosted 4/27/2012 3:40:48 PM
We've all been there (ok, maybe not all,) fought a Peacock player who goes to the edge of the screen and spams ALL projectiles, and after you managed to get close enough, she grabs you then cancels into Argus Agony (damn throw range) then repeats.

I'm sick of these guys, but being a Nadia player, I have no way of countering this strategy. And I'm sure this applies to the other girls (except maybe Parasoul), so I thought we can all brainstorm ideas to getting around Peacock spammers and have a thread with the results.

So...anyone got any ideas?
---
Dood!
#2Ky KiskyPosted 4/27/2012 3:50:10 PM
Get double and spam her assist.

Works against every match up, any strategy, anywhere, on anyone. Even the best players fall to it. Assign all 8 buttons to the double assist so no matter what button you press, she'll come out.

Also make sure peacock doesn't have a double assist.. Or it will ALWAYS end with a draw or timeout.
#3hyperwangtang(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 4:13:55 PM
Without stooping to their level. How else are you gonna get better?
---
Dood!
#4Ext_MePosted 4/27/2012 4:21:47 PM
I do believe that you already lost the war by calling them scrubs for not playing the game the way you want them to.
---
I play fighting games. Shooting at stuff is cool too.
GT: H1Z1 Influenza/PSN: Extermin8ted
#5sirtoastmanPosted 4/27/2012 4:23:46 PM
Are they zoning, or are they actually just running away and spamming? :V

If it's like new MvC3 Sentinel "NEUTRALIZE" then you should just herp derp pick double and send her flying at them.

If they're smart and are actually zoning however...

You're just being outplayed in an albeit lame way.
#6beedtrackerPosted 4/27/2012 4:25:45 PM
Ext_Me posted...
I do believe that you already lost the war by calling them scrubs for not playing the game the way you want them to.
---
Skullgirls, SFxTekk, SSF4AE, LoL, Catherine, KZ3
good games- Policenauts and Snatcher yo! do do dododo!
#7MilleykinsPosted 4/27/2012 4:47:05 PM
How are THEY scrubs if YOU are the one who's losing to it?
---
http://i.imgur.com/qJRIM.png
#8Ky KiskyPosted 4/27/2012 5:23:00 PM
Milleykins posted...

Scrub's somebody who's doing shady tactics to win... Doesn't mean they won't win..
#9FoolMeNeverPosted 4/27/2012 5:29:42 PM
Ky Kisky posted...
Milleykins posted...

Scrub's somebody who's doing shady tactics to win... Doesn't mean they won't win..

No. The most accepted definition of a scrub in the FGC is either A. Someone who sucks at the game. (Though, I personally don't use this definition.) or B. Someone who wants a nerf against everything that beats them, plays by their own set of rules and proceeds to complain when others break those rules, or someone who calls something cheap, (and is something legitimate, such as Strider's Vajra assist in UMvC3) rather than wanting to get better and deal with it.
---
GameFAQs needs to change the "Ignore this User" button to "Ignore this Moron", because, really, what else would you use it for?
#10TaizukuPosted 4/27/2012 6:49:28 PM
FoolMeNever posted...
Ky Kisky posted...
Milleykins posted...

No. The most accepted definition of a scrub in the FGC is either A. Someone who sucks at the game. (Though, I personally don't use this definition.) or B. Someone who wants a nerf against everything that beats them, plays by their own set of rules and proceeds to complain when others break those rules, or someone who calls something cheap, (and is something legitimate, such as Strider's Vajra assist in UMvC3) rather than wanting to get better and deal with it.

This^ as well as, blaming anything but their lack of skill.
---
Skullgirls > The World
PSN: MobileFlame