how the **** do you do napalm loops???

#1lol_whatPosted 5/1/2012 7:48:00 PM
I can't get anything to connect after the shot
#2MeteoritesPosted 5/1/2012 7:54:32 PM
First, it has to be the light punch version of napalm shot. You can connect any of the following afterwards: s.LP, s.LK, c.LP, C.LK.
#3OrangeWizardPosted 5/1/2012 7:59:06 PM
You shouldn't.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#4lol_what(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 8:49:05 PM
First, it has to be the light punch version of napalm shot. You can connect any of the following afterwards: s.LP, s.LK, c.LP, C.LK.
I can hammer on the button like the fist of the north star and it won't connect. does the normal you use before the shot matter? I'm always using her two hit s.hp

You shouldn't.
gotta extend those combos, apparently it's only getting nerfed damage wise so it won't be a waste to lean
#5MeteoritesPosted 5/1/2012 9:06:07 PM
No, it doesn't matter what normal you do before the shot. Try to time it rather than randomly smashing buttons. It also has to be in the corner.
#6CervosiPosted 5/1/2012 9:16:18 PM
I dunno if it's even right, but I've gotten okay at doing this:

LP LP MP HP HP-> Tear shot

Repeat.

Of course, that's like, bare bones. You can do this with basically any combo so long as you remember to shoot a tear before continuing.
---
Bluh bluh.
#7Number4RocketPosted 5/1/2012 9:42:27 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
You shouldn't.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
#8EmuchuPosted 5/1/2012 10:16:43 PM
LP Napalm Shot > LP and the rest are fairly tight links. Mashing won't help you, here; you have to realize that links cannot be buffered, and thus mashing more often than not nets you a late LP. It's a pretty difficult combo to get down if you're not accustomed to linking things, so don't feel put out if it doesn't come naturally at first.

Something you can try is delaying the Napalm Shot after HP>HP, allowing the opponent to be pushed slightly farther away and giving the Napalm Shot a little more distance to travel, increasing the link window somewhat.

Try and use the visual cues of Parasoul's animations to time the link: you should press LP the instant she returns to neutral after the Napalm Shot. Another timing method is to turn on the hitstun indicator in Training mode and to pick different places on the hitstun meter to press LP. Once you get the "feel" of the link, it'll start coming out with less and less effort.
#9OrangeWizardPosted 5/1/2012 10:40:13 PM
I wonder if you can get modded for sharing cheats to an online game.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#10Mr_CounterPosted 5/1/2012 10:44:18 PM
The timing is very tight. Use whatever you can to help you with this combo by using visual or sound.

I don't know if watching some loops will help. Here is mine and maybe you can get an idea of the timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWREgRarKwU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Took me a few days to get the timing somewhat down. My advice is once you get it down keep working on it and yes there will be days that you will miss every time but the next day will be better so don't give up.
---
PSN: kyo_rock_hibiki
State: WA