Struggling with Parasoul...

#1mMarikomPosted 5/5/2012 8:17:05 PM
I can't do her basic Napalm Tear L loop. I don't get how I'm supposed to be able to charge for two seconds and continue the loop.

I haven't really gotten the hang of the basic mechanics of the game yet but I'm trying to make Valentine/Parasoul work...any tips for either of them? Especially Parasoul since even Valentine's longer combos really aren't that difficult with practice.
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#2catkiller904Posted 5/5/2012 8:18:26 PM
You only have to charge for half a second.

So...try that, maybe.
---
TP ~ We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+
#3OrangeWizardPosted 5/5/2012 8:18:45 PM

I can't do her basic Napalm Tear L loop.

Good.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#4CervosiPosted 5/5/2012 8:24:42 PM
Basically, hold back while doing a string of hits.

When you finish, preform a napalm shot.

Thus, you bypass the regular requirement of doing jack squat as you wait for it to charge.

The same can be done with her Napalm pillar.

Finish a crouching combo, and preform napalm pillar. You bypass the sitting on the ground requirement by doing other stuff at the same time.
---
Bluh bluh.
#5mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 8:43:05 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
I can't do her basic Napalm Tear L loop.
Good.

Go away please I don't like you you make me uncomfortable

If I could Itsuu Loop in CS1 and Haida loop from CT onwards and do Millia mixups I have the execution to do the napalm loop...
---
#6OrangeWizardPosted 5/5/2012 8:45:17 PM

Because those who hide in the darkness do so because they fear the light.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
#7mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 8:58:11 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Because those who hide in the darkness do so because they fear the light.

...go away.
---
#8OrangeWizardPosted 5/5/2012 9:06:41 PM
Here's an official skullgirls blog:
http://skullgirls.com/2011/04/damage-x-n-the-problem-with-loops/

See that in bold? It says "The problem with loops"
In other words, what IPS is supposed to prevent, but failed at.

You're exploiting the system to do something pretty much illegal. I just want you to know that.
---
#9mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 9:17:28 PM
Cervosi posted...
Basically, hold back while doing a string of hits.

When you finish, preform a napalm shot.

Thus, you bypass the regular requirement of doing jack squat as you wait for it to charge.

The same can be done with her Napalm pillar.

Finish a crouching combo, and preform napalm pillar. You bypass the sitting on the ground requirement by doing other stuff at the same time.

No i can get one rep. I'm used to charging mid move it's just continuing post charge and charging again in the same combo...
---
#10Mr_CounterPosted 5/5/2012 11:11:26 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Here's an official skullgirls blog:
http://skullgirls.com/2011/04/damage-x-n-the-problem-with-loops/

See that in bold? It says "The problem with loops"
In other words, what IPS is supposed to prevent, but failed at.

You're exploiting the system to do something pretty much illegal. I just want you to know that.

Found if you read it.

A loop, as defined in fighting games, is a repeatable series of hits in which the last hit of the series leads back into the first hit.

Skullgirls takes a fundamentally different approach to this issue: of course we test the game rigorously, but as developers we are also sane enough to admit that we will not be able to find all of the problems. After all, players are incredibly creative and innovative, and they are also highly motivated to find the most exploitable tactics possible.

That means there is no grey area, and when a loop is discovered that we didnít remove it wonít be a game-breaking advantage. The system can even be ďnicerĒ early on in a combo, which lets players re-use moves and exercise their creativity while still guaranteeing no practical infinite combos exist. In effect, this system rewards the discovery of non-looping combos rather than rewarding the discovery of the easiest possible loop.

Having this loop-detection system in place allows Skullgirls to make one other very important change in fighting game design: it allows the developers to not limit the characters in any other way! We donít have to change the way hits work, remove dash cancels or special cancels on certain moves, introduce extra artificial combo-ending knockdown or pushback, cap the damage, force moves that usually connect to not combo together, or otherwise put a straitjacket on player freedom in order to avoid potentially destructive infinites. Anything you can think of, you can do Ė only this time, itís not all about simply landing that first hit.

I think it did it's job no problem. Parasoul seems to be not breaking any in game rules.

- You can only do the same loop Max 3 times in the start of the combo
- You can't loop the combo after the first 3 loops and each hit has to start with a different button
- The shot is technically the last hit before you start the combo with a different hit.
- It is a good exploit but it isn't game breaking and the devs know of it's combo so it's not illegal.
- You are allowed to find potentially destructive infinites and no where does it say you aren't allowed to.
---
PSN: kyo_rock_hibiki
State: WA