Found some nasty tech with Painwheel, anyone want help test it?

#1StreetfighterXIPosted 4/12/2012 1:51:30 PM
I want to play against more people to see if this endless reset with painwheel is legit or not. Sure you can alpha counter out of it, but nobody alpha counters EVER.

The reset involves painwheel, a trapping low assist and her flight. yes there are no unblockables, but if done correctly, you have to guess left or right, and high or low at the same time. if she hits, she goes into a 3/4 of a combo into another reset where you have to make the same guesses again. if you block, she's at advantage. if you call an assist, she can usually fly over it while still attacking.

I've gotten many perfects against single character players (why is this so popular?) and have done well against multiple character players because they cannot escape the pressure.
---
"In the Darkest Hour, Hope Springs Eternal" - Lunar Eternal Blue
#2PsychoDrama1Posted 4/12/2012 2:35:09 PM
Painwheel is beast but hard to use. Bravo to you.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#3act_rightPosted 4/12/2012 3:06:00 PM
It was by chance that I discovered this game had pushblock so quick question, how do you do alpha counters? I didn't even know this game had those until now, I wonder what other mechanics the game doesn't tell you about.
---
"Yo dawg, I heard you like DLC"
#4StreetfighterXI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 3:17:41 PM
I actually found painwheel to be the easiest character to use, so I don't know what you mean there. I mean, they made flight even easier by making it 1 button over 2. I normally use Charge characters, but i've found parasoul did not fit my style like i had hoped.

alpha counter can be done at the cost of 1 meter, by blocking and then press forward and whatever tag combo for whatever character is in 2nd or 3rd slot. example, to alpha counter into character 2, press mp+mk and for character 3 hp+hk.
---
#5justcusimasianPosted 4/12/2012 3:18:52 PM
While blocking, press forward + the corresponding tag buttons to alpha counter. So if you want your #3 character to counter, it's forward +HP+HK. You can snapback in the same way with QCF motion.
---
"The world needs underboob, Makoto. I wish you good luck...and a strong back..." -Kokonoe
GT-EXjohn
#6PsychoDrama1Posted 4/12/2012 3:26:47 PM
StreetfighterXI posted...
I actually found painwheel to be the easiest character to use, so I don't know what you mean there. I mean, they made flight even easier by making it 1 button over 2. I normally use Charge characters, but i've found parasoul did not fit my style like i had hoped.

alpha counter can be done at the cost of 1 meter, by blocking and then press forward and whatever tag combo for whatever character is in 2nd or 3rd slot. example, to alpha counter into character 2, press mp+mk and for character 3 hp+hk.

I guess i mean she is hard for me to grasp, especially her charge moves. You really have to anticipate what the other player is gonna throw at you AND have really good timing. I probably just suck though.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#7act_rightPosted 4/12/2012 3:36:49 PM
Thanks for the reply and yes Painwheel is crazy good with the flight cancels and lockdown assists that I abuse a lot, only problem is when I'm under pressure I feel helpless with her slow normals and abnormal chains, still a blast though.
---
"Yo dawg, I heard you like DLC"
#8Zelda_wood_elfPosted 4/12/2012 3:40:31 PM
act_right posted...
Thanks for the reply and yes Painwheel is crazy good with the flight cancels and lockdown assists that I abuse a lot, only problem is when I'm under pressure I feel helpless with her slow normals and abnormal chains, still a blast though.

I'll play u.

Check official skull girls gamertag thread, but add me and let's play!
#9StreetfighterXI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 4:10:01 PM
since painwheel has the best pressure game in the business, its only fair that she has no get off me move. but just push block properly and fly out of there with a get off me assist.
---
#10KainVermillionPosted 4/12/2012 4:37:00 PM
If you're not in block-stun the whole time, some characters have invincible startup on certain specials/supers. Parasoul's Flash Kick move has invincible startup and AA's with HK, for example.