Double's Hornet Bomber Assist

#1iShfflPosted 4/16/2012 6:24:15 PM
Double's Hornet Bomber (HK) assist is an overlook. The assist is not supposed to have any invulnerability and it was overlooked by the developers. Mike Z is debating on patching the mistake, but wants to wait until the game develops to see if it is truly broken. Obviously, right now, people think it's the best assist in the game, especially coupled with Peacock's keepaway. So if this combo maintains it's broken status later in the games life, Mike Z will patch it out. Just thought this might ease some of the complaining about the assist. The developers are listening to your complaints and taking them into account.

source:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/skullgirls-gd-keepin-it-classy-in-medici.158403/page-39#post-6816956
#2cms6cPosted 4/16/2012 6:38:43 PM
It's one of, if not the, best assists, sure. Is it broken? I don't think so. I've won against Peacock/Double combo using only Cerebella several times. It's really not that hard once you figure out that EVERYONE who uses this team plays the same way. I'm sure many will disagree with me, though.

Oh and inb4youonlyplayedagainstscrubsgetonmylevel
---
UMvC3: Skrull/Dormammu/Wesker; SSFIVAE2012: Chun Li; SFxT: Juri/Asuka; Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Cerebella
XBL GT: GyudonKiller
#3iShffl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 6:41:48 PM
I actually agree with you. I don't think it's that bad, but a lot of other people do, so I just thought I'd share. My main training partner plays Peacock/Double and I usually end up on top. I usually play a two team combination of Valentine/Cerebella/Painwheel.
#4Patrick7286Posted 4/16/2012 8:39:40 PM
Peacock seems to get the most out of that assist and she's beatable with it.
#5SnakeEyes170Posted 4/16/2012 9:35:43 PM
from pretty much every single range that it's practical to send that assist out, the person can duck under it and it takes so long for the animation to finish, double to do her pose, and go back that you get a huge opening every time it's used and you crouch it.

besides, if you were fighting a team in marvel 2 with psylocke, capcom or another top tier asisst, what would you do?
snap that piece of **** in and go to town on him. Although you can't necessarily say that snapping in is as useful as in marvel 2, since you got the easy mixup and the assist characters are mediocre vs god tiers, most people at this stage in the game don't have any clue how to play Double and literally only use her for that assist.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
SG: Peacock/Filia