Same Combos over and over again!!!

#1KiwiKid980Posted 4/18/2012 9:44:14 AM

I know that you do some combos over and over again but when you constantly try to the same ones enough already I can see them a mile away getting kinda irritating do something new!!!

#2iShfflPosted 4/18/2012 10:31:33 AM
Not sure I'm understand your issue. I don't think you're referring to combos, because seeing a combo from a mile away means literally nothing. If you're talking something like neutral game or mixups, that's different. Knowing what combo a person is going to do doesn't have any affect on how the match will turn out.
#3DegalonPosted 4/18/2012 11:23:59 AM
KiwiKid980 posted...
I know that you do some combos over and over again but when you constantly try to the same ones enough already I can see them a mile away getting kinda irritating do something new!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of fighting games, lol.

Be prepared for a lot dumbasses to try and claim you suck and lose to combos, for stating how boring and predictable they are.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#4DegalonPosted 4/18/2012 11:27:52 AM
iShffl posted...
Not sure I'm understand your issue. I don't think you're referring to combos, because seeing a combo from a mile away means literally nothing. If you're talking something like neutral game or mixups, that's different. Knowing what combo a person is going to do doesn't have any affect on how the match will turn out.

He's saying its annoying and boring to see people just trying to do the same patterns and combos over and over.

It makes matches very boring when you know everything your opponent is going to do because they just did it 15 times in a row.

Knowing the combo your opponent is doing means they are easy to predict and.counter. which makes it boring and annoying.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#5appleturnover87Posted 4/18/2012 11:40:45 AM
Degalon posted...
iShffl posted...

He's saying its annoying and boring to see people just trying to do the same patterns and combos over and over.

It makes matches very boring when you know everything your opponent is going to do because they just did it 15 times in a row.

Knowing the combo your opponent is doing means they are easy to predict and.counter. which makes it boring and annoying.

Yeah I agree it sad when you play someone who just jumps in repeatedly fishing for that one long combo they can do but they have no fundamentals. I pretty much only use one or two combos, but my gameplan doesn't revolve around trying to do them. I use them to punish or if I land a hit off a mixup.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#6jellybeanmasterPosted 4/18/2012 12:11:09 PM
When u land a hit theres only two things ur supposed to do.

1.Do the most damaging combo
2. Do a reset and THEN do the most damaging combo

No1 is going to do less damage to u becuz u find it boring. The only time u see something different is if the person is styling on u or theyre doing a combo on the fly off a hit they werent expecting to land
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#7Patrick7286Posted 4/18/2012 12:12:03 PM
Sorry, I'll stop doing my most damaging combo on you for something weaker because you find variety in my combos to be the main point of entertainment in this game.
#8jellybeanmasterPosted 4/18/2012 1:05:16 PM
^case and point
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#9iShfflPosted 4/18/2012 1:17:25 PM
Patrick7286 posted...
Sorry, I'll stop doing my most damaging combo on you for something weaker because you find variety in my combos to be the main point of entertainment in this game.

QFT.

The point of a playing the game isn't to show off and entertain how varied your combos are, it's to beat your opponent as effectively as possible. Why should I stop doing something that's working, just because you think it's boring?

Degalon posted...

A combo has nothing to do with being predictable...You can have five different ways to start a combo (with the same filler and ender) but still effectively mix up each starter. If you get bored or annoyed because my max damage BnB is "not exciting", I suggest you go play something else.
#10Daniel_MakuPosted 4/18/2012 2:24:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]