Another Peacock+Double Thread

#1HypahdosePosted 4/20/2012 10:42:17 AM
Am I super salty? You betcha. Cryin? Yep. My tears must taste delicious, don't they?

But yours will taste oh so much better in a couple of months.

If this tactic remains viable a few months from now, expect to whore another assist because that garbage will get nerfed.

Mike Z has already said that her HK butt slam assist having invincibility was not intended, so that will probably be taken out in the next patch. As for her MK butt slam...enjoy it while it last. My previous statement may turn out to come true.
#2cms6cPosted 4/20/2012 10:47:21 AM
Or you can just try to overcome it. Stop crying.
---
UMvC3: Skrull/Dormammu/Wesker; SSFIVAE2012: Chun Li; SFxT: Juri/Asuka; Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Cerebella
XBL GT: GyudonKiller
#3Hypahdose(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 10:50:18 AM
Believe you me, I'll be doing that. In the meantime I'll be waiting in slight anticipation for the destruction of many teams that rely on the assist as a crutch.

Or I can just pick up double myself. Then it becomes a game of who can butt-slam better!
#4simonbelmont2Posted 4/20/2012 11:35:09 AM

Believe you me, I'll be doing that. In the meantime I'll be waiting in slight anticipation for the destruction of many teams that rely on the assist as a crutch.

Or I can just pick up double myself. Then it becomes a game of who can butt-slam better!

To be honest those teams that rely on that assist are not good at all. You can't frame your entire gameplan around one assist and expect to get very far. It should be possible to beat that rather obvious strategy.

Double's Hornet Bomber will still be effective even if some of the invincibilty frames are removed. It will become a move that's good if used correctly but risky if spammed.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#5Shadow_LuffyPosted 4/20/2012 11:54:28 AM
It's a lot like Tron and Haggar assist before UMVC3. You can either take out the assist character or you can leave them with that character because 9/10 times they have little to no clue how to use them.
---
Gamertag: xKyuubix64 PSN: Skull_Revolver64
#6simonbelmont2Posted 4/20/2012 12:05:38 PM

It's a lot like Tron and Haggar assist before UMVC3. You can either take out the assist character or you can leave them with that character because 9/10 times they have little to no clue how to use them.

Yeah, good point.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#7zakkkkkkkPosted 4/21/2012 3:14:04 PM
Yesterday, I've ran into a player with a team of Peacock, Double, and Parasoul, and literally, all he did was spam Double's assist while doing Peacock's thing. With Parasoul, all he did was spam tear traps with Double's assist. When he only had Double left, he would use his stockpiled super meter to constantly spam the Cateliite Lives super.

I got to say, it was ****ing annoying as hell at first, but they're beatable. I first lost because that was my first time seeing that strategy and I couldn't adapt well, and the guy wouldn't choose play again. So i had to find him again and I managed to beat him with my team of Peacock and Ms. Fortune. There is a very good way to get around to it if you have Peacock in your team. Abuse Peacock's back teleport move and hit em with a combo. It bypasses all the Double assist spams. With a rushdown character like Ms. Fortune, I used Peacock's homing assist to get the other guy in a hitstun to get close, and I had to be really wary of guarding. Once I was close, I killed him in like one combo with a reset.

Really, it's annoying, yeah, but it's not that bad or unbeatable. Just adapt and have patience and utilize your tools and options.
---
One pissed off mother lover.
#8cabutlerPosted 4/21/2012 4:23:58 PM
It's extremely annoying to fight that team, but Peacock alone is on a whole another level of overpowered, especially when they'll spam the bombs to hell and gone. it's gotten to the point where I'll just quit halfway through the match when that happens.

Call it rage quitting or whatever, but I rather not waste my time in these types of matches where it's nothing but wasting time.
#9Shin ATproofPosted 4/21/2012 8:12:39 PM
Peacock gets blown up by good rushdown, even with a good assist. Especially current Peacock play level since almost all the Peacock players don't teleport enough and put themselves in the corner.
---
Fact: Every Anime and Video game with Norio Wakamoto and/or JAM Project is awesome.
Si mon, con Langosta y Camaron!
#10PyroSparkPosted 4/21/2012 8:18:15 PM
This topic reminds me of MVC3 when people were salty about Phoenix users and said they were more than likely terrible without her.

Then a few months later when UMV3 came out, turns out they were right.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7