Should I play this in Component/HDMI or SCART RGB?

#1TheArcadePosted 4/28/2012 2:34:40 PM
Topic.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Galatea.
#2Kaiser98821Posted 4/28/2012 3:12:53 PM
HDMI; SCART's kinda old hat now, isn't it? I didn't even know they have SCART cables for the 360.

And why no Windcutter Flora? ):
---
Nun: Have you come to our humble church to pray for salvation?
Cthulhu: No, not really. I just like to go around towns and talk to everyone. Force of habit.
#3TheArcade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 3:16:12 PM
Kaiser98821 posted...
HDMI; SCART's kinda old hat now, isn't it? I didn't even know they have SCART cables for the 360.

And why no Windcutter Flora? ):

But 2D games usually stand out more in SCART.

Oh shoot I forgot all about her! Adding to sig now.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Galatea.
#4Kaiser98821Posted 4/28/2012 3:33:19 PM
Hmm, I wouldn't know about it standing out more. From what I've read, the SCART cables need to convert the digital signal to an analog one, which limits the maximum resolution for the picture. It's also not great for surround sound. I guess it all depends on your setup and preferences; if it's pretty high end with surround sound, I'd go with HDMI; if you're playing on some old 19" CRT, then it probably doesn't really matter.
---
Nun: Have you come to our humble church to pray for salvation?
Cthulhu: No, not really. I just like to go around towns and talk to everyone. Force of habit.
#5Edwin LimPosted 4/29/2012 11:06:25 AM
Play in HDMI. This game has hands down the best 2D sprite graphics I have ever seen. You don't need a CRT to make the sprites stand out unlike other 2D games. I'm playing at 1360x768 res and the sprites are as smooth as baby's buttocks.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg