so... what's it like?

#1dillonthebunnyPosted 3/28/2012 2:55:10 AM
i believe it's out in the states today after all... so, what's it like?

i hope hmv are stocking this seeing as game and gamestation won't be
---
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn
#2MohzerPosted 3/28/2012 6:19:01 AM
Feels less nothing like a RR game and more like an Asphalt/burnout hybrid.
---
XBL GT: Mohzer - PSN: Moecchi - 3DS: 3308-4541-2719
#3dillonthebunny(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 8:22:47 AM
you see, I dont mind the sound of that, ever since RR4, RR has been changing a lot, but imo its been changing the wrong way.

I love RR4, I would of liked to of seen it expand more in that direction, but no.

anyway, so I figure that if you're going to rewrite RR, just make it totally something else, and by looking at the vids.. its nothing like RR that I know and love, but I think I can like this a lot.

..are you disappointed?
---
#4MohzerPosted 3/28/2012 12:07:48 PM
I like it as a racing game, it's great fun. Lack of Split screen and traditional RR style drifting make me not consider this game an actual "Ridge Racer" though. Remove the label and you have a pretty fun racing experience, especially with the track creator.
---
XBL GT: Mohzer - PSN: Moecchi - 3DS: 3308-4541-2719
#5dillonthebunny(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 7:05:16 PM
not much drifting then?
---
#6SpootzPosted 3/28/2012 10:58:25 PM
Plenty of drifting. It just doesn't feel like RR-style drifting. It is actually really hard to get down.
---
Live: Spootz
PSN: SPTwhte
#7Board_hunter567Posted 3/29/2012 3:39:50 PM(edited)
It's Burnout Revenge with a little bit of Split Second thrown in.
It's good, but not really RR to me. Also, the color scheme is "bleh" and somehow feels slow.

Oh well. I know I definitely probably won't be too interested when they switch to rally racing, then switch to demolition derby, then police, then cinematic, then underground style, then I guess simulation.
Maybe after that they can get back to arcade style.
#8ministerkataokaPosted 3/30/2012 2:31:16 PM

All I expect from this trash are the new songs and cars coming as DLC for Ridge Racer on the Vita. Dare I say it, a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, better game than this crap.

#9brandonjfPosted 3/30/2012 4:13:09 PM
I think part of the difficulty with picking up the drifting is that the tutorial messages tell you to push the circle button to drift. The circle button seems to equate to a handbrake (I haven't opened up the manual yet to see how it describes it). Like in all games, you can drift fine by braking hard into a corner - you don't need to push the circle button to drift.
#10dillonthebunny(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 5:04:18 PM(edited)
to answer my own question here.. I think its awesome.

this took me several hours to get in to, the learning curve was steeper than most. but once you get in there I think its a great game. I feel that the drifting needs to click with you, at first I wasnt happy.. but now I have a huge smile on my face.

theres some great tracks here, some remind me of old Ridge Racer, which is cool. but i would say the big influences here are Burnout, Split/ Second and BLUR.. and if people have an issue with that, fair play. personally I think it works!

oh, and does everyone know you can listen to your own tracks from the XMB? thankgod!
---