Difficulty?

#1CLURPYPosted 4/5/2012 10:54:36 PM
I am not the worlds greatest game player but I generally think I can eventually work my way through most games career / season / whatever type of mode but this game I am finding insanely tough, I am trying to drift but I always end up doing a 180 & I find that no matter what I do I can never seem to put distance between racers I've passed and / or fragged as the second I hit a wall or something they seem to boost ahead of me.

Are you meant to repeat the same 1 or 2 tracks in the beginning multiple times to bring up your score / rank that unlocks better handing & faster cars??
---
"Have you ever taken a dump that has made you feel like you just woke up form a 12 hour sleep" - Al Pacino
#2VidsRulePosted 4/5/2012 11:01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure most people have to retry the first race many times. The game throws you to the wolves instantly. Keep playing and when you get the hang of it not only will it be fun to retry the races but you'll start beating them much easier once the gameplay clicks for you.
#3CLURPY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 11:48:38 PM
Oh okay so it is just a matter of trying it repeatedly and using the cars you unlock when your rank goes up, just wanted to make sure it was getting a bit frustrating but I am noticing I am finishing 8 -9th as opposed to 12th all the time
---
"Have you ever taken a dump that has made you feel like you just woke up form a 12 hour sleep" - Al Pacino
#4VidsRulePosted 4/6/2012 12:27:56 AM
Yup, same thing happened to me with positioning. Also, you just have to place in the top three. Don't worry about 1st right now at all.

The first few races were tough, but after that I placed in about 7 races the first time I tried. I assume it gets hard again but it was nice to have that break.