This game is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1jago107Posted 4/10/2012 8:30:19 PM
I rented this because I thought it would be fun. I CAN'T BEAT THE FIRST ****ING RACE! Are you kidding me? 12 ****ing racers in one race? Why? I've unlocked 2 other cars, but not a single one is fast enough to catch up to these ****ers.

This is unbelievable. I am very good at racing games, especially the arcade types like this. But the other cars have to be cheating. There's no way that someone driving the same car as me can be so much faster.

The handling on these cars sucks. Getting a drift to start is a pain in the ass and it's even harder to pull it out of a drift. You can't get boost easy enough and the fact that you have to fill the meter before you can use it is ****ing stupid. And, you use the whole damn meter's worth all at once.

How many bad ideas could they possible cram into one game? I liked the FlatOut games. I know this isn't them, but Christ, how different could it be? The best I can do on the first race is 4th. This game sucks!
---
XBL & PSN - NightRider107
"And as the smile pulled up on his face, a tear ran down his cheek ."
#2watergate1972Posted 4/11/2012 12:34:17 AM
I know where you're coming from! It took me a while to figure things out in the first race -- such as when and where to use potwer etc. But stick with it, you will get first place in the first race when you learn the track and power system. I'm now into my third district and have won every event so far. To be honest, once you get over the first race it seems to be a little easier, or maybe I've just learned how to control the drifts and power and am now using the shortcuts whenever possible. Stick with it!
---
"Life is a great adventure and the worst of all fears is the fear of living"
#3MaverikGuyverPosted 4/11/2012 2:35:44 AM
Mate no offense but you can't say a game is terrible because you are terrible at it.
Learn the mechanics and I'm sure you'll start to find the fun factor.
---
GT = Maverick Guyver:- Who needs a main? With random select I can use everyone's moves! :D
#4wanderzPosted 4/11/2012 4:48:44 AM
i wouldn't exactly call myself great at racing games and yet i've managed to unlock every district, and dominated (7 of 7 races) i believe 4 districts so far.

it's not hard.. you shouldn't be able to get 1st place on the first try of every race.

you can actually make progress even coming in last on races, especially domination races, i've managed over 24,000 points on races i came in 6th or lower.

honestly i think they got the difficulty of this game nearly perfect.. unfortunately a lot of people have been spoiled by games that are too easy.

if you don't win on the first try, try again, when you unlock new events try them as well.

you can also play on tracks other people created and make progress as well.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#5henson802Posted 4/11/2012 6:34:36 AM
Summary: I'm bad and haven't taken time to learn the mechanics of the game, so now the game sucks.

This is the most fun racer I've played in awhile. I just wish the online multiplayer matchmaking was not broken.

I'm almost done with SP, if you think the first race is tough... lololol
#6Solid SonicPosted 4/11/2012 9:04:40 AM(edited)

I liked the FlatOut games.

Well, eff dat. You like a series of racing games I think are crap.
---
NGG: Nonstop Gamer Groaning
#7WolfDaddyPosted 4/11/2012 6:38:24 PM

My biggest problem in the learning curve was overcoming my tendency to treat drifting in this game as if it were any other Ridge Racer.  And it's not.  That's the best advice I can give you.

#8WolfDaddyPosted 4/11/2012 6:38:56 PM

My biggest problem in the learning curve was overcoming my tendency to treat drifting in this game as if it were any other Ridge Racer.  And it's not.  That's the best advice I can give you.

#9monzmegPosted 4/12/2012 9:26:33 AM

"I am very good at racing games".................eh..........not so sure about that o_O

#10mr_o_chenPosted 4/20/2012 10:29:43 AM
I don't know if it will help the OP, but one tip completely changed how I played the game - and my ability to win races - is that drafting builds boost power. That's it. If you don't pay attention to the pre-game tip messages, you might not realize this at first.

The game gets a lot easier when you realize you can creep on someone, and instead of trying to pass, just get a full meter and frag them out of the way.