Mobile artillery.

#1ninjaman148Posted 3/7/2012 5:12:31 PM(edited)
I was thinking of what it could be. DICE said in an announcement for the new Armored Kill DLC will have mobile artillery, IIRC. So I am guessing they are talking about self-propelled artillery vehicles. Armored vehicles fitted with howitzers.

The closest thing to a self-propelled artilery weapon currently in the U.S. Marine Corps is the HIMARS:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/HIMARS.jpg

There could also be the M109, but it seems to be use by the Army, not the Marines.

While the Russians have a crapload of different models of artillery vehicles. Biggest chance could be the 2S3 Akatsiya.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
#2Russian_MarinePosted 3/7/2012 5:29:26 PM
At first, I was thinking that it would be normal artillery weapons and howitzers that let you hitch them to vehicles such as the HMMWV or the Vodnik to transport them around and set up in a new place.
---
Through the hourglass, I saw you. In time you slipped away...
#395_EclipsePosted 3/7/2012 6:01:38 PM
The first thing to come to mind when I hear mobile Artillery is the Paladin.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/m109a6_paladin_images.htm

I just don't imagine it being a rocket based artillery vehicle, but who the hell knows with DICE these days. It might be a Humvee with a sling shot.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Buck shot >>> Frag rounds
#4widowmaker_aa7Posted 3/7/2012 6:10:33 PM
UT2K4 had a mobile artillery vehicle.

It was eh.
---
Meeting and talking to men while naked increases your chances to score!
GT: oMEGA MILKo
#5OmegaShinkaiPosted 3/7/2012 6:12:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see an MLRS as mobile artillery. Hell, they already have the BM-21 model from the campaign for the Russian side. They could use the M270 for the Americans.
#6ninjaman148(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 6:12:55 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
The first thing to come to mind when I hear mobile Artillery is the Paladin.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/m109a6_paladin_images.htm

I just don't imagine it being a rocket based artillery vehicle, but who the hell knows with DICE these days. It might be a Humvee with a sling shot.

Neither do I. It's just that it seems like the M109A6 isn't used by the Marines. As a result, there can be a chance of it not being in the DLC. DICE is pretty accurate with portraying the equipment used by the Marines Corps and successfully distinguish it from the Army. Many video games fail to do that.

The only part where it is different is that the Marines in this game are portrayed as having upgraded a lot of their equipment. Such as using the M1A2 Abrams, or getting new vehicles such as the AH-6J. This could be believable since this game takes place a few years into the future.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
#7JDM_JevPosted 3/7/2012 6:14:14 PM
They already have the BM-21 in the single player.

Maybe it will function like that. I'm still more-excited for more maps with mobile AA. Hopefully we get the Linebacker 'VADSmobile' that they left out of BC2 (despite coding one/it being it BF2) and the Shilka.
---
DIY
drillin dat oil up in yo oatmeal
#8colbinilePosted 3/7/2012 10:08:08 PM
I was fire direction control for HIMARS artillery for 6 years, I honestly think having mobile artillery especially MLRS is kind of strange unless the map will actually be the range of the munitions which is 8-125+ miles.. lol
---
360 GT - iHoaxed
PSN - Top Flight Skurity