Never played BF, buying this instead of COD this year

#1PhilipVanLukePosted 5/10/2011 11:18:03 AM
OK so I have never played battlefield in my life. Despite all the hate, I can admit I had stupid amounts of fun with Modern Warfare, Less fun with MW2 and im level 2 in Black Ops. I am truly bored with the COD gameplay, and the $15 map packs are insanity. (I have never bought a single one, $10 is my max for a map pack)

I have not bought an EA game in at least 10 years. I was disgusted by their purchase and trashing of Westwood Studios, and basically I enacted a personal boycott against them. I begrudgingly broke this boycott recently and purchased Portal 2. its Valve, I had to. Its only a publishing deal but its principal, I was not excited about the purchase, just the game, and I dont buy used. (blogFAQs)

Back on topic. I have always heard good things about battlefield games and DICE, and due to the fact that I am just bored of the rehashed gameplay and can not play anymore COD (level 2 in black ops see above) I am going to buy this this year instead of COD and am going to encourage my brothers and gamer friends to do so as well.

Good Luck EA this is your chance to regain a lost customer. If the map packs for this are $15 like COD I will drop EA again and never look back. I hope this game is fantastic.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Legendary Fenix
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/PhilipVanLuke/Setup.jpg
#2sidstarterPosted 5/10/2011 1:15:38 PM
I used to be a gigantic CoD fan but did not even buy Black Ops. I loathe the game now. i bought BC2 a couple years ago and it was honestly the best multiplayer experience I've had on an xbox 360 game.

I'm done with CoD unless they completely revamp the series and bring us something worthwhile. BF3 might be good, but I'm worried for the console version.
---
:O
#3Stabs2503Posted 5/11/2011 7:36:12 AM
sidstarter posted...
I used to be a gigantic CoD fan but did not even buy Black Ops. I loathe the game now. i bought BC2 a couple years ago and it was honestly the best multiplayer experience I've had on an xbox 360 game.

I'm done with CoD unless they completely revamp the series and bring us something worthwhile. BF3 might be good, but I'm worried for the console version.

this is basically me too, ive played CoD since the beginning and BF2 for PC. I loved them both but ever since CoD4, I have hated the whole series and find myself wasting my money when I buy it...Battlefield def has the best mp atmosphere, most ppl actually work as a team and the environment is so awesome it makes you feel like your in a small war. It is funny cuz just the other day I said to my friend "I am not buying CoD this year unless they come up with a game changing mechanic cuz if not eff them"

Obviously the PC version will be better than the 360 version but either way the game is going to be amazing and I hope it is the CoD killer
---
MAINSTREAM'D
http://www.youtube.com/stabs2503
#4GreenWandererPosted 5/13/2011 7:02:39 AM
Welcome to the fray, bud. Hope you enjoy it even half as much as I have so far.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fCvCX.gif George is gettin' upset!
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: Dethklok
#5Game Player05Posted 5/13/2011 3:15:57 PM
Why not wait until there is more info on the game before deciding to buy it?

People who did that with Brink are regretting it.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#6sithgod513Posted 5/14/2011 1:12:28 PM
your making a good choice, ^ battlefield is not brink, when they said battlefield 3 is coming out, it gave all the info you needed, the game is going to be sick, ive been a big fps player for years, played battlefield for along time, had every game they ever made

I also used to be a pretty big cod player, cod2 and cod4 was alot of fun, then mw2 came out i had some fun with it at first, but then it got stale to me, never even bought black ops, im still interested to see what mw3 will be like, they have to know by now that making the copy paste formula isnt working anymore, maybe they have some new stuff in store that will get me excited for that, but battlefield is my fav franchise hands down.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.