Is there going to be something similar to Call of Duty's "Prestige" mode?

#1UNHappyfeetPosted 7/29/2011 8:43:55 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty but the prestige mode was pretty cool. It's where most of the replay value came from.

That's the thing I hated about BC2 and is the reason I sold it. After you unlocked everything at level 25, there was simply no reason left to play other than to pointlessly increase your rank with no reward.

And also how there was little progression in ranks. It took way too long to rank up after you hit the 20's.

I think they should do something like a prestige mode in Battlefield 3 only slightly different. This way they can make you feel like you're making progress while still making it take the same amount of time that it would take to reach rank 50 in Bad Company 2.

They could make it where there are five prestige levels to go through and each time you would get new stuff that non-prestige people don't have.

1st prestige= Different colors for the flashlight attachment
2nd prestige= Different colors for your optics
3rd prestige= Bronze camo for all of your weapons
4th prestige= Silver camo for all of your weapons
5th prestige= Gold camo for all of your weapons

That's just an example but it would add tons of hours of replay value to the game.

Thoughts?
---
My animated YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ECbLTQS-E
#2Cellski916Posted 7/29/2011 8:48:52 AM
All i know about prestige is that it took a hell long to rank up, so did BC2, but you didnt earn anything special and everything can be unlocked by level 20's
---
http://www.gamingsurvival.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/capcom-mistakes.jpg
#3Metroid_CrimePosted 7/29/2011 8:50:23 AM
No...it's not happening. That's a CoD gimmick, if you can't enjoy the game for what it is, don't play it.
---
Feed the poor. Eat the rich.
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Council Member
#4ninjaman148Posted 7/29/2011 8:50:36 AM
I don't like the idea of bronze/silver/gold guns.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive? // Ninjaman217
#5saoshyant_4329Posted 7/29/2011 8:55:59 AM
The only reason you played BC2 was to unlock stuff, go "oooh" and "ahhh" over it, then call it good? Ranking up & getting your super cool gun camo for prestige isn't the only reason you should play a game. If you enjoyed the game enough to play it through to rank 20 even, isn't that good enough? It's a fun game, which is the point of games to begin with.
---
"I'd say whe chicks get angry, they dont attack you tactically, they just smash your face to a bloody pulp." - Dark_Jinouga
#6UNHappyfeet(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 9:02:16 AM

I was just using that as an example.

The only reason you played BC2 was to unlock stuff, go "oooh" and "ahhh" over it, then call it good? Ranking up & getting your super cool gun camo for prestige isn't the only reason you should play a game. If you enjoyed the game enough to play it through to rank 20 even, isn't that good enough? It's a fun game, which is the point of games to begin with.

I didn't have anyone on my friend's list to play with so it got pretty boring. I still put in a good 50-60 hours into BC2 though.

I just hope there is more incentive to rank up in Battlefield 3.
---
My animated YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ECbLTQS-E
#7PWNDEZ1337Posted 7/29/2011 9:14:42 AM

From: Metroid_Crime | Posted: 7/29/2011 9:50:23 AM | #003
No...it's not happening. That's a CoD gimmick, if you can't enjoy the game for what it is, don't play it.

From: saoshyant_4329 | Posted: 7/29/2011 9:55:59 AM | #005

All of these.

I think I hit something like 33 by now? I'm still having fun a good 80% of the games I'm in (grr bad teammates...). Prestige is a really annoying and silly process. I would rather you unlock extras (though certainly not some of THOSE extras) as you go up to max rank so you can still use all of your favourite stuff and unlocks.
---
I find it hard to believe that highly trained members of the military would have trouble locating Unspecifiedistan on a map. -- double oh
Gamertag: PWNDEZ
#8Hambone40Posted 7/29/2011 9:32:12 AM
I would be fine if they gave you every gun and unlock from the beginning at rank 1. I like the game and play it because it's fun, some people need to be able to work toward something to have fun, and that's fine, that's how they get their enjoyment.

However, I get my enjoyment front he sheer awesomeness of blowing stuf up!
---
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
Add me GT=Lambman40
#9omgitsarpgPosted 7/29/2011 10:26:21 AM
camos are the worst idea in any fps.
#10TrixpiePosted 7/29/2011 10:45:06 AM
It takes forever to rank up on BFBC2 I think I have a level 33 with like 83 hours played and a 225 spm.