picking up mines

#1knives outPosted 11/9/2011 3:08:25 PM
whose mines can you pick up? i thought you could pick up enemy mines until this morning. i got out of the tank and was unable to pick up the mines. thinking theyre friendly i drove over them and derp im dead.
---
Man created god in his own image.
#2FrohikePosted 11/9/2011 3:31:26 PM
If you don't see them on the minimap, they're not friendly. >_>
#3Robot_ZaextarPosted 11/9/2011 3:39:18 PM
And if you could pick up enemy equipment, that'd be rather pointless.
---
Man, I don't even know what to put here. Tell me.
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/zaextar
#4knives out(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 4:38:07 PM
so when im hitting 'X' to pick up mines whose are they?
---
#5LightdudPosted 11/9/2011 4:39:45 PM
I'm assuming that if the enemy engineer who laid out the mines, dies, THEN you can pick them up. Because I know I've picked up enemy mines as well.
#6JE19426Posted 11/9/2011 4:42:02 PM
knives out posted...
so when im hitting 'X' to pick up mines whose are they?

Enemies but you're playing Enigneer. Only they can pick up mines.
---
Things I dislike: People that talk about religion on video game forums and people that refer to FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 without explaining it.
#7resante_1Posted 11/9/2011 5:00:12 PM
As Engineer you can pick up the mines you place during your current life. If you die your mines stay in place but you can't move them.
#8knives out(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 5:50:33 PM
there is a lot of contradicting info coming out here. ive actually spawned as an engineer and picked up mines that were not mine. ive also been blown up by mines that i was unable to pick up. from this i am either:

picking up friendly mines

or

only able to pick up certain enemy mines
---
#9dan783Posted 11/9/2011 5:55:11 PM
Quick note, the other day when i walked slowly (not ran, they blow up then) past an enemy claymore I saw a press X option, but ignored it (as I was helping the teammates out). After I killed him I went to check out the claymore again, but a teammate just had to run past it killing us both.

It may work with mortars or other items as well though. I usually just blow up their mines myself for the xp/ribbon reward when I spot them.