Sniper Rifle Glare

#1kaffaboyPosted 2/6/2012 2:53:43 AM

Is there a way Snipers can get rid of the scope glare, cause i am pretty sure i have been killed by a few as i was looking right in their direction and did see a glint.

#2widowmaker_aa7Posted 2/6/2012 2:56:28 AM
Don't use a long range scope (12x, 7x, 6x).
---
Terrorist actions against my ass are not acceptable!
GT: oMEGA MILKo
#3The_Hungry_OnePosted 2/6/2012 4:08:17 AM
And 8x.

Anything below 5x is glare-free.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#4gamegod13Posted 2/12/2012 4:40:57 AM
The only possible way that I can think of to not have the giant flashlight stuck to you is to be in a bush and have your vision obscured 100%.

There should be a way to remove the scope glare, or at least lessen it, but there isn't. Oh, I'm sorry, the actual term used by DICE is "glint".

If you use a 4x scope or lower (which is really only useful on a DMR [In places where a PDW would probably be just as good if not better]) then you don't get the giant flashlight stuck to your face.

YAY for "balance"
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#595_EclipsePosted 2/12/2012 4:47:24 AM
Honestly, complaining about sniper glare is silly. If you don't suck or just get unlucky, it will have no effect. quit sitting 400+m away, and get in where you can land shots quickly and efficiently and you wont even notice anymore. Plus, if you're moving fairly constantly, you wont get sniped either as 90% of snipers can't hit anything that's not stationary. Then all you have to do is figure out where the shots coming from if you can't see their glare for whatever reason.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Buck shot >>> Frag rounds
#6gamegod13Posted 2/12/2012 4:58:58 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Honestly, complaining about sniper glare is silly. If you don't suck or just get unlucky, it will have no effect. quit sitting 400+m away, and get in where you can land shots quickly and efficiently and you wont even notice anymore. Plus, if you're moving fairly constantly, you wont get sniped either as 90% of snipers can't hit anything that's not stationary. Then all you have to do is figure out where the shots coming from if you can't see their glare for whatever reason.

I can't tell if you're talking about me, or the TC.

I complain about sniper glare because I think it's pretty ridiculous. I can see somebody from across the map because of their sniper "glint" as DICE calls it, hell, sometimes I can't even see the person, but I can see the "glint" so I know where to shoot.

I've also had times where I look down my scope for not even a full second and somebody sees me... It's ridiculous. But maybe it's just me, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I should just never use any form of scope again. >.>
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#795_EclipsePosted 2/12/2012 5:09:04 AM
gamegod13 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

I can't tell if you're talking about me, or the TC.

I complain about sniper glare because I think it's pretty ridiculous. I can see somebody from across the map because of their sniper "glint" as DICE calls it, hell, sometimes I can't even see the person, but I can see the "glint" so I know where to shoot.

I've also had times where I look down my scope for not even a full second and somebody sees me... It's ridiculous. But maybe it's just me, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I should just never use any form of scope again. >.>

that's their fault for sucking. It doesn't need to be fixed. If you were just looking around and then saw my glare, you'd probably be looking at your respawn screen right afterwards unless you move just in time and get into cover. You wouldn't be killing me because of it, I've never died and gone "damn sniper glint! :O" because I know that's not why.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Buck shot >>> Frag rounds
#8SkytheWiz1Posted 2/12/2012 5:30:16 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
that's their fault for sucking. It doesn't need to be fixed. If you were just looking around and then saw my glare, you'd probably be looking at your respawn screen right afterwards unless you move just in time and get into cover. You wouldn't be killing me because of it, I've never died and gone "damn sniper glint! :O" because I know that's not why.

Eclipse is completely right.

If you think you're getting killed because of the glare of your scope, you're playing the game wrong. The glare only shows while looking through the scope, and if you're so far away that you're constantly having to look through it to find targets, you're too far away to be any help to your team, much less get many kills.

Switch to a shorter range scope (or don't), get closer to the fray, and don't sit in one spot.

And I've heard the whole "I play the game how I want" argument before. If that's the case here as well, then play how you want; you're just going to get further pissed as you continue getting seen.
---
GameFAQs - Where people insult you and seem to think it counts as a valid counterargument.
#9ecureuilPosted 2/12/2012 6:14:42 AM
The glint is pretty noticeable. I've picked up a fair few kills by quickly scanning the battlefield and aiming for the glint. Once you start suppressing them, they will find it harder to hit you.
#10TepidBlackPosted 2/12/2012 6:42:55 AM
I couldn't care less about glint, as most players are too stupid to take advantage of it, but having glint on Tehran ****ing Highway is a decision of such utmost ineptitude that it could only have come from DICE.
---
XBL: GOWsoldier188. Ridiculous GT, I know.