Regretful Purchase

#1Ninjamaster5353Posted 3/6/2012 10:29:31 PM
The one and only reason why is simply cuz the online community are idiots or at least the ones I played with.

Now I'll admit that I'm a noob so I kinda suck, but I've been getting better slowly. I don't play the game too win, I play for fun yet it's kinda hard too have fun when everyone either splits up all the time or ignores others and doesnt revive people when they die.

The only person I found too be cool was this one guy/girl(never saw their username) who stood by me as we made our stand against the opposing team on conquest, we probably got 2-3 kills before I died and I'm not sure if they survived the encounter, point is that situation was fun and everything else hasn't been.

Why is the OCommunity like this?
---
Currently Playing-Resident Evil:Revalations(3DS)
#2NirvandyPosted 3/6/2012 10:33:18 PM
I think just about all gaming communities are like this... Battlefield just enhances the stupidity of most players because battlefield requires teamwork so it really stands out more than other games.

I'm sure any other console games have the same amount of *derps* playing them, you just wouldn't notice because those games mostly only require you to do your own thing.
---
I fully support ROFLCOPTER
#3EVENTYDEPosted 3/6/2012 10:51:58 PM
play with us, you'll win more often and actually enjoy it. I won't be playing BF3 much due to the fact that I've owned Mas Effect 2 for over a year and haven't even played it and now part 3 is out so I need to get busy. Aside from me, there are plenty of Gfaqs members who play together.
---
XBL GT: EVENTYDE
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/psmTARDCORE?feature=mhee
#4GreatKiraLordPosted 3/7/2012 12:31:08 AM
bfbc2 community wasn't as bad
im not sure exactly why since i don't think it's cod
we don't even have as many players as black ops or mw2
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 3/7/2012 12:45:09 AM
If you really want to see terrible teamwork, play one of those games with four player co-op survival, like what you find in Gears of War, ODST's Firefight, Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, etc.

Speaking of which, the ME3 character you get for multiplayer from BF3 is kind of cool. It's a space marine with a camo pattern on his armor and an orange light effect on the left side of his body, just like the guy on the cover of BF3.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance
The guilty pay the price.
#6avalanchegeniexPosted 3/7/2012 2:07:36 AM
GreatKiraLord posted...
bfbc2 community wasn't as bad
im not sure exactly why since i don't think it's cod
we don't even have as many players as black ops or mw2

Actually...it IS CoD.

The problem is, CoD introduced gamers to a type of gameplay that ANYONE can excel at. So a LOT of people figure out that they could be good at a videogame, and became "gamers". Those "gamers" are what drive the industry now.

As a result, BF3 has more sales than BFBC2, but most of those new sales, are to "CoD" players. I put that CoD in quotations because they may not actually play CoD, but it's that mentality. EVERYONE is a "gamer" these days. Skill used to be important (and still is in BF) but now, most "gamers" just want to WIN, and be REWARDED.

That's why the community is worse than BFBC2.

That said, I never got the opportunity to play BFBC2, and am absolutely NOT a CoD player, and I love BF3, so it's not ALL bad.
#7Krazoa2Posted 3/7/2012 2:43:06 AM

I think just about all gaming communities are like this... Battlefield just enhances the stupidity of most players because battlefield requires teamwork so it really stands out more than other games.

I'm sure any other console games have the same amount of *derps* playing them, you just wouldn't notice because those games mostly only require you to do your own thing.

It isn't, trust me. It's more along the line of all Xbox Live gaming communities really. There are loads of online games I've played where everyone isn't a complete idiot/ass, just never on the xbox.
#8specialkid8Posted 3/7/2012 6:08:58 AM
"Why is the OCommunity like this?"

COD. Plain and simple. Nothing we can do about but adapt. Just keep playing and try to ignore them.
#9NirvandyPosted 3/10/2012 12:18:57 AM
My friend and I played tonight with a team full of derps. My score was around 6K my friend was around 5.5K and the next highest score on our team was 2K. I couldn't believe our team was doing so terrible and then it really just hit me...

People are bad at this game because they play this like it is COD. They they think if they get a large number of kills and little deaths then they truly should win the match and if they don't then it's not their fault. They don't play the objectives while we do.

Since I started playing this game again my SPM was around 250, now I'm roughly 360 because I charge those objectives while other people simply sit back and watch through their ballistic scope.

It gets frustrating from time to time. But the next game we won with the same team. I guess the other team wasn't playing the objectives either.

TL:DR
Most people play this game as if it were the same thing as COD
---
I fully support ROFLCOPTER
#10B0vrilPosted 3/10/2012 1:32:39 PM
I can see why people have the knee jerk reaction of blaming COD.

But it's really got about as much to do with COD as it has any other shooter.

It's not necessarily that players don't want to play as a team, it's that few know how or can be bothered, or are confident enough to organize and direct the team as one.

This is evident in that communication is nearly completely absent from the game.

Anyone who expects every group of randoms to just all cooperate together is living in a fantasy world. The internet and computers just help to connect us, they don't help in any way to stabilize us.

And they being advertised as a sandbox, play as you want doesn't really help either.