Suppression is a horrible game mechanic

#1ArcXenosPosted 4/29/2012 3:53:30 AM
Pre-patch , it was fine .

But as of now , it makes the game not as fun .

Without this stupid suppression buff , this game would have been skill-oriented .

Remember how people say COD takes no skill because of how easy to kill ? This game is currently even worse than that .

Here is this example : Sniper fires a single shot . Misses . I get "suppressed" . Despite not being FIRED AT for the next few seconds , my bullets still spreads randomly , which is garbage .

And because this is DICE , they did not use suppression to REFINE the game .

They could have use SUPPRESSION to prevent SPAWNING on TEAMMATES . You cannot look around where your teammate is before you spawn , so this is reasonable .

TL;DR : This game is better off without suppression .
#2KageNoSenshiPosted 4/29/2012 4:36:52 AM
I like suppression, doesn't bother me at all.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#3ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 4:48:37 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...

but but but.......don't you hate it when you spawn and get suppressed ? Prepatch you can still fight , but now you pretty much (most of the time) have to bend over and accept your imminent and quick death .
#4jats605Posted 4/29/2012 4:51:20 AM

---
I will get in an Abrams and sit on the runway, right in front of the jets. Jets can't go in reverse.
--PunchTheKeys
#5singhellotakuPosted 4/29/2012 5:02:44 AM
I too have spent time in crappy sniper hell, they can't hit you, but they can annoy you with their crappy aim. But no suppression doesn't usually bug me much.
#6Drixops22Posted 4/29/2012 5:05:27 AM
I wouldn't have even known people complain about it if it weren't for gamefaqs.
---
"Call of Duty and Gears of War are fun...but Halo is an art." -ANUBIS x MT
-GT: Drixops
#7TheMooManPosted 4/29/2012 5:14:56 AM
It doesn't bother me until I notice it in a situation that shouldn't happen. One of my last games played such an indecent happened.

I was on one of the pipes on Operation Firestorm going after a sniper when he pops up and starts firing his M9 at me from a good distance away. I fired all 26 rounds of my UMP at him and missed every single bullet. I go prone real quick to reload and pop myself back up and literally blind fire off a few more pointless rounds when a tank shell hits me.

I don't mind the idea of Suppression. They just implemented it horribly.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/WolfOfHonor/
GT: Shield Splitter
#8B0vrilPosted 4/29/2012 6:15:03 AM
Yea, I find it turns some firefights into a random mess.
#9namewitheldPosted 4/29/2012 6:20:06 AM
BLOOM!!!!! Takes away ALLLLLL the skill, SORT IT OUT BUNGIE!!!!!
#10BigDunnyPosted 4/29/2012 6:22:22 AM
Best advice I can give? Roll with a squad you know, and sort out the squad perks amongst yourselves. Have one squaddie choose Squad Cover.
---
XBOX360: KillrBKillt
Steam: KillrBKillt