is it still possible to get MAV roadkills?

#1WrecklucePosted 4/30/2012 8:02:20 AM
haven't played this game in a while. i've heard some people say it explodes on impact and others say it's completely random and one can still rack up kills. is it still possible to go 38-0 in an MAV?
#2_Elite_Bushido_Posted 4/30/2012 9:59:29 AM
only one per MAV, itll ass plode
---
"The Hunger Games is the dumb American version of Battle Royale."
#3Sylus2015Posted 4/30/2012 10:05:39 AM

Not exactly.

There are work-arounds because it will only explode if you're going full speed. If you sweet-spot the speed so that you're going fast enough but not too fast, you'll keep the MAV. I also heard if you hit them high enough, it won't explode, and also something about backing out of the MAV right before you hit (?). That last one I can't confirm, but the slowing down to keep your MAV works.

It's more difficult, and it's far more rewarding to just float at high altitudes and actually spot the enemies for the Motion/Spot assists, but it is still possible.
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#4Templar40KPosted 4/30/2012 10:16:17 AM
Sylus2015 posted...
Not exactly.

There are work-arounds because it will only explode if you're going full speed. If you sweet-spot the speed so that you're going fast enough but not too fast, you'll keep the MAV. I also heard if you hit them high enough, it won't explode, and also something about backing out of the MAV right before you hit (?). That last one I can't confirm, but the slowing down to keep your MAV works.

It's more difficult, and it's far more rewarding to just float at high altitudes and actually spot the enemies for the Motion/Spot assists, but it is still possible.

Pushing snipers off of tall objects is the most rewarding.
---
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4199/rainen.jpg
#5gatorattack05Posted 4/30/2012 10:23:03 AM
If you hit someone from behind as they are running it doesn't explode
#6donkeyofdestinyPosted 4/30/2012 10:30:10 AM
Based solely on my experience, the MAV does not seem to explode if you aren't going full speed, hit the enemy in the head, hit them while they are moving away from you, or if the enemy is almost dead.

I could be horribly wrong and it is just a random chance to not explode (if it is random it seems like a 75ish% chance it won't explode)
---
Hey laser lips! Your momma was a snow blower!
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#7anvilone(Admin)Posted 4/30/2012 2:42:03 PM
You get at least two kills before losing the MAV.
#8donkeyofdestinyPosted 4/30/2012 2:57:07 PM
anvilone posted...
You get at least two kills before losing the MAV.

I have had my MAV explode many times after 1 roadkill, I'm almost certain it wasn't shot before hand a few of those times. I have also had as many as 7 roadkills from one MAV as well. It really isn't consistant at all.
---
Hey laser lips! Your momma was a snow blower!
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#9anvilone(Admin)Posted 4/30/2012 3:06:56 PM
donkeyofdestiny posted...
I have had my MAV explode many times after 1 roadkill, I'm almost certain it wasn't shot before hand a few of those times. I have also had as many as 7 roadkills from one MAV as well. It really isn't consistant at all.

Good to know! I've only tried road killing with it twice since the patch. The first time for a video (where I got two kills) and the second time out of desperation while spawn trapped (RU) on a high ticket metro match a couple days ago.