What is an average score per minute?

#11embittererPosted 4/30/2012 4:06:51 PM

The average SPM is right around 290. If you are sitting above 300, you're better than most players.

Really? that's pretty bad. I do a whole lot of screwing off in this and I have an SPM over 300.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#12AngrySquid270Posted 4/30/2012 4:07:10 PM
StucklnMyPants posted...
The average SPM is right around 290. If you are sitting above 300, you're better than most players.

Edited because I just looked at the leaderboards. Who would've thought? People get better the more they play.

If you're just looking at the leaderboards then you're probably just seeing the median.

Back in Januaury I calculated the average to be 298 and median to be 276. It's probably higher now. I'd guess the average SPM is in the 315 to 340 range.
---
If Katy Perry can play the objective on Kharg Rush why can't you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8&ob=av2e#t=3m11s
#13breakfastramenPosted 4/30/2012 4:44:29 PM
embitterer posted...
Really? that's pretty bad. I do a whole lot of screwing off in this and I have an SPM over 300.

Haven't you *seen* the majority of randoms in this game? I have no problem believing that the true average SPM is in the 200s. For most players I get stuck with, I'd say that's a pretty high goal.

bf3stats.com gives an average SPM I think, but also keep in mind that it's only counting those people who actually check and update their stats on the website. Since there are a lot of casual players out there who just play the game and never check anything online, I'll bet the "true" average is lower than the average reported by bf3stats.
#14embittererPosted 4/30/2012 6:07:50 PM

Haven't you *seen* the majority of randoms in this game? I have no problem believing that the true average SPM is in the 200s. For most players I get stuck with, I'd say that's a pretty high goal.

Touche. I've actually seen whole teams run from the objective as if they might really die if they get killed in the game.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#15KabtheMentatPosted 4/30/2012 6:22:19 PM
Now, is this the average game-wide or platform specific?

Because SPMs on the PC are generally going to be higher on average because of more players and more objects (more scoring potential).
---
John Henry Eden 2012
#16GarhinderPosted 4/30/2012 6:43:32 PM
Depends on your gametype. If you're playing Rush, you'll obviously have a lower score than someone that plays deathmatch all the time.

I wouldn't really say that there's an average SPM, unless you stick to 1 game type only.
#17TheMooManPosted 4/30/2012 7:20:50 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Now, is this the average game-wide or platform specific?

Because SPMs on the PC are generally going to be higher on average because of more players and more objects (more scoring potential).

Don't lie.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Novemurr/stats/366259508/

Just because this guy only plays 64 man metro on PC and has more revives than kills doesn't mean his SPM should be any higher than that on the xbox or ps3. It just means he is way better than everyone.

I mean look at his top weapon on the xbox. Proves it.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/WolfOfHonor/
GT: Shield Splitter
#18KabtheMentatPosted 4/30/2012 7:23:36 PM
Uh...okay. I play Xbox only, FYI.

I've noticed that PC players SPM are usually higher. I'm assuming because the game is fundamentally different on the PC.
---
John Henry Eden 2012
#19TheMooManPosted 4/30/2012 9:37:08 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Uh...okay. I play Xbox only, FYI.

I've noticed that PC players SPM are usually higher. I'm assuming because the game is fundamentally different on the PC.

I thought I laid the sarcasm on thick enough

:(
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/WolfOfHonor/
GT: Shield Splitter
#20TOO_BAD_FOR_UPosted 5/1/2012 3:43:18 AM
Man, this is just bad. Did you guys know my SPM in BC2 was like 340ish? This game has rewards for everything you do. If you are not 450+ eventually, then you suck.
---
"At least IW is trying to change CoD's gameplay unlike DICE." - JonJonFTW
PSN: X-WEAKSAUCE-X