EA Switch's Off Free Servers for Battlefield 3 [pay to host] No M26 fix ETA

#1sknmakPosted 5/10/2012 6:43:01 PM
Just a month after the launch of the in-game rent-a-server program for Battlefield 3, EA have switched off the official servers for the game according to a report on VentureBeat.

While it is still possible to play the game online, players will need to choose from the random assortment of rule sets on offer on the various servers that players have set up and are paying for themselves.

Questioned as part of an "Ask Me Anything (AMA)" thread on Reddit, DICE community manager Daniel Matros confirmed the move, stating "There is only so much physical space and digital space where you can have servers. The community requested [a rental program] and we delivered.

http://nzgamer.com/all/news/5917/ea-switch-off-free-servers-for-battlefield-3.html
or
http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/09/official-dice-servers-disappear-from-battlefield-3/

Archived copy of the AMA [ask me anything] - courtesy of
http://www.reddit.com/r/tabled/comments/tcdhu/table_i_am_a_global_community_manager_for_dice/

Here's something you all might be wondering:

Q: When can we expect the fix to the M26 Glitch, and will all those abusers have their stats adjusted appropriately? Thank you for your time :)

A: No ETA right now as it's in testing :)
----

Q: Is the removal of the Dice/EA servers permanent? The Rent-a-Servers all suck and have ridiculous settings.

A: Everything in the wonderful world of Battlefield is dynamic :)

Read it all in the link above.
---
Forum is now up and running.
http://gamingpyro.omgforum.net/
#2livewyr90Posted 5/10/2012 6:48:32 PM
Wtf EA
---
Now Playing: The Old Republic, Fire Emblem 10, Battlefield 3
Next: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
#3Hambone40Posted 5/10/2012 6:51:24 PM(edited)
So they removed any official server because they're greedy, filthy selves couldn't bear having official servers that couldnt l be rented out for more money!!!
---
"This pork-infused femur speaks nothing but the truth!"
-sonofkorol
#4InvigorateMe69_Posted 5/10/2012 6:51:50 PM
i hate EA

i'm done supporting their evil greedy ways. smh @ them no wonder why they were rated worst company in america.

*anticipates BC3/BF:2413 and buys it day 1
#5InvigorateMe69_Posted 5/10/2012 6:53:52 PM
seriously everyone.. please.. PLEASE STOP RENTING SERVERS. you're not doing anything good, you aren't succeeding at anything, and you are degrading the gameplay. do the entire playerbase a favor STOP RENTING SERVERS!
#6Hambone40Posted 5/10/2012 6:54:55 PM
InvigorateMe69_ posted...
seriously everyone.. please.. PLEASE STOP RENTING SERVERS. you're not doing anything good, you aren't succeeding at anything, and you are degrading the gameplay. do the entire playerbase a favor STOP RENTING SERVERS!

Buthen we have no where to play the game
---
-sonofkorol
#7InvigorateMe69_Posted 5/10/2012 6:57:10 PM
Hambone40 posted...
InvigorateMe69_ posted...

Buthen we have no where to play the game

co-op
campaign

And i think servers that aren't rented are those P24 servers. People rent those and they dissapear! But if you don't rent them they won't disappear! Then the game will be normal again!!
#8Hambone40Posted 5/10/2012 7:01:18 PM
This topic just said that ea cut off official servers.

Aka P24 and DICE
---
-sonofkorol
#9ghost140Posted 5/10/2012 7:03:03 PM
I'm not surprised this is EA after all. Think of it as EA's way of getting back at us for not helping them beat COD in sales.
---
A war is a jumble of pointlessness that creates hatred and death, and takes everything from everyone. It's the epitome of absurdity! - Valvatorez
#10InvigorateMe69_Posted 5/10/2012 7:03:42 PM
idk, earlier I server browse'd P24 and saw official EA ones but they were only rush, and the other modes nobody cares about.

Now if they removed them in the time i was gone then f***