My opinion on what BF3 should have been

#1SoldierXCellPosted 5/18/2012 10:51:52 AM
Just an honest opinion is all,

BF3 shouldve left out the campaign altogether since it wasnt open sandbox anyhow, shouldve focused on a bigger more innovative Coop, (maybe even hire outside help) and strictly focus on MP, sell for $39.99 with digital download available as well
#2sknmakPosted 5/18/2012 11:03:54 AM
I sort of agree since the Campaign was pretty bad and predictable. The AI was just as bad.

I can agree on the co-op. More co-op would've been nice. Also 4 player co-op would've been better. I think the price should stay at the normal $59.99 price point. BC2 had more "sandbox" like missions. BF3 missions felt pretty restrictive in those urban areas. Weren't too much to do in the desert.

I believe EA DICE focused strictly on multiplayer. Mostly on the money making part of multiplayer. I mean the online multiplayer came with it's own disc. Anything fun will keep players coming back, other than online multiplayer 12v 12

Even Black Ops still have people playing zombies today.
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#3anvilonePosted 5/18/2012 11:19:34 AM
After all of that arguing in the other topic, we agree on something, sknmak.

Maybe they'll do something again like Onslaught mode in BC2. I know that wasn't a big hit, but I kind of enjoyed it. I definitely would have taken offline single player vs. AI on MP maps (like in the old PC games) over that terrible campaign.
#4runuts27Posted 5/18/2012 11:27:55 AM
I agree instead of campaign they should have had a mission/map editor for co-op.
---
I'm interested in this...
#5sknmakPosted 5/18/2012 11:35:30 AM

After all of that arguing in the other topic, we agree on something, sknmak.

Maybe they'll do something again like Onslaught mode in BC2. I know that wasn't a big hit, but I kind of enjoyed it. I definitely would have taken offline single player vs. AI on MP maps (like in the old PC games) over that terrible campaign.

I didn't find that to be arguing. I think of it more as as friendly gamers debate. I think Onslaught was a great idea, but EA DICE should have offered it for free instead of making a quick buck from it. Then possibly after allowing it to be played for free releasing map packs for it. That would've been the most logical thing to do. Instead they continue to focus on the initial profit and not the long term profit. For instance. Activision gives gamers a good taste of the zombies maps. Then released more as DLC. That's something they should've tried with Onslaught Mode in BC2.
---
Forum is now up and running.
http://gamingpyro.omgforum.net/
#6specialkid8Posted 5/18/2012 12:16:54 PM
Why do so many people suggest removing the campaign because it was bad? My first thought would to, I don't know, improve it. Bad Company was a great single player. BC2 not so much and Battlefield 3 not so mucher. But we know it can be done. Why scrap it altogether?
#7sknmakPosted 5/18/2012 1:46:10 PM
Well a lot of people think the BF3 campaign was terrible. Other people like it. We are simply stating our opinions. Is that really a huge problem? Also I enjoyed the BC2 storyline. I enjoyed the fact that it felt more like a "open world" or sandbox whatever.

Spoilers [not really lol]
BF3 was like this to me.....Than a restrictive go here kill dumb AI.....load....movie plays....load.....watch a lengthy CG or in-game animation.....load....kill.....load......return to the move that was playing before to recap more about the so....oh snap it's the gameplay from the YOUTUBE VID TRAILERS!.....is this it? LOAD......rince repeat.

That's repetitive as hell and the storyline wasn't all that great to begin with. The enemy AI was demb as expected. Veteran didn't even feel like a challenge. You couldn't control the Jet....just a long ass QTE...boring......so yeah the campaign was short and dull. Just do a google search and you will find plenty of articles talking about how bad it is. Seriously it wasn't that great to me and others. They had the chance to improve it, but they failed and released the campaign as it is. Graphically it's gorgeous....gameplay wise it's the same dull hide shoot....hide shoot. At least BC2 had a bit more strategy. Like the snowy mountain missions. The tank mission. The UAV mission. The desert M-com search. BF3 was pretty restrictive and I wouldn't play that campaign again.
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#8anvilonePosted 5/18/2012 2:40:18 PM
If there is anything that I would completely agree Battlefield has done to be more like CoD, it's attempt to have a single player campaign. I don't think it's ever succeeded (although I did not play BC1). BC2 was fun enough, but a bit too goofy for my taste in a franchise that I think is more about grit and realism.

I haven't kept track, but I feel like I played maybe three hours of the BF3 campaign before I got tired of it. The graphics and effects were exciting enough, but the story was terrible, the characters were boring, and the AI was comically bad and predictable. Not to mention way too similar to the CoD Modern Warfare story line, if not an out right shallow copy.

At the $60 price tag, I would much prefer to dump the weak campaign and instead have that 1942 style single player vs. AI option on multiplayer maps, a more robust co-op, and more maps/game modes. I have two game discs and one of them may as well be a coaster.
#9specialkid8Posted 5/18/2012 2:55:20 PM
anvilone posted...
If there is anything that I would completely agree Battlefield has done to be more like CoD, it's attempt to have a single player campaign. I don't think it's ever succeeded (although I did not play BC1). BC2 was fun enough, but a bit too goofy for my taste in a franchise that I think is more about grit and realism.

Well, Bad Company was supposed to be goofy. That's what the spin-off was bout. BC2 was actually way too serious for me after playing Bad Company. I really hope Bad Company 3 goes back to Bad Company style and ignores everything BC2 did.
#10namewitheldPosted 5/18/2012 3:06:34 PM
ME OPINIONS:

BC2 campaign was godawful

BF3 campaign was decent

:)