why underbarrel and Flash suppressor on the M16A3

#1skylinefreekPosted 5/19/2012 7:41:31 PM
since the new patch launched the only thing ive seen anyone using on the A3 is the flash suppressor and underbarrel.

to me this does not seem like the best options for the A3 though.

i personally use the foregrip and heavy barrel.

now hear me out and lets go over the math

the M16A3 has a base stats of this

initial recoil of x2.5
horizontal recoil of .25
left of .1
and right of .3

it has a ADS spread of
standing
running

hip spread max of
standing 2.5
running 3

now underbarrel clearly adds no modifiers.
flash suppressor adds
.8 horizontal recoil
1.2 hip recoil

this gives you a vertical recoil of

and a hip recoil now of
3(s) and 3.6(r)

now here is the thing, to me thats not to great. to me the mods of FG and HB are far greater so lets look at those

FG gives you
horizontal recoil of .67
ADS of 1.5

HB gives you
vertical recoil of 1.15
ADS spread of .25
hip of 1.2

combined you get

horizontal recoil mod of .67
ADS spread mod of .375
hip spread mod of 1.2

so here is what stats look like afterwards of both setups

FS+underbarrel
initial recoil of x2.5
horizontal recoil of .2
left of .1
and right of .3

ADS
.2(s)
1.(r)

HIP
3.(s)
3.6(r)

HB+FG
initial recoil of x2.5
horizontal recoil of .288
left of .067
and right of .201

ADS
.075(s)
.375(r)

HIP
3.(s)
3.6(r)

so using the HB+FG you get
the same vertical recoil of the M16A4 unmodified, you get lower horizontal recoil, you get lower ADS spread, and slightly higher hip spread(same as FS)

using FS+underbarrel you get
.2 vertical recoil, horizontal recoil stays the same, ADS spread stays the same, and slightly higher hip spread(same as HB)

so IMO the A4 type recoil is worth it with all the other added benefits if you ask me.
---
xbox gt: sinlessorrow
psn: sinlessorrow mgo: SinlesSorrow
#2TheMooManPosted 5/19/2012 7:48:48 PM
Because fractions of anything really doesn't matter with suppression.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/WolfOfHonor/
http://www.youtube.com/user/HealthTonic
#3fatclemenzaPosted 5/19/2012 7:50:33 PM
Ignoring your essay, Grip is unnecessary because of low horizontal recoil (especially on the A4), and FS reduces the vertical recoil even more. I use FS on pretty much everything and only use a grip on a few weapons with monster horizontal recoil. The numbers only tell half the story. How they operate in theory and practice may be two different things.
---
We try together, we cry together. Bad kids for life.
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/GoldeneyeLegacy
#4skylinefreek(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 7:56:12 PM(edited)
fatclemenza posted...
Ignoring your essay, Grip is unnecessary because of low horizontal recoil (especially on the A4), and FS reduces the vertical recoil even more. I use FS on pretty much everything and only use a grip on a few weapons with monster horizontal recoil. The numbers only tell half the story. How they operate in theory and practice may be two different things.

except on the A3 adding the HB gives you the same Vertical as the A4 unmodified which is actually quite easy to use. the best thing about the HB FG combo is you get a stupid low ADS spread and much lower vertical recoil than other weapons.

I also wouldnt call it an essay since most lines are no more than 20 or so characters.
---
xbox gt: sinlessorrow
psn: sinlessorrow mgo: SinlesSorrow
#5fatclemenzaPosted 5/19/2012 8:13:56 PM
If I'm going to be engaging many targets at ranges where that slight spread difference comes into play, I would use the AN-94, M16A4 or G3 instead. The A3 is my close-mid range assault rifle.
---
We try together, we cry together. Bad kids for life.
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/GoldeneyeLegacy
#6zack12369Posted 5/19/2012 11:04:17 PM
screw the essay, BECAUSE WE CAN. is the better answer.
---
gt : z a c k t k. excuse my grammer.iphone.+ lazy.
#7koichiPosted 5/20/2012 1:24:02 AM
skylinefreek posted...
fatclemenza posted...

except on the A3 adding the HB gives you the same Vertical as the A4 unmodified which is actually quite easy to use. the best thing about the HB FG combo is you get a stupid low ADS spread and much lower vertical recoil than other weapons.

I also wouldnt call it an essay since most lines are no more than 20 or so characters.

You got more than that in the first sentence >_>
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#8namewitheldPosted 5/20/2012 8:17:24 AM
Only little girls use the m16 anyway :)