OK, dice where are YOUR servers now ?

#41specialkid8Posted 8/1/2012 4:07:16 PM
A filter would be nice, or at least have quick match only put you in official servers but as it is, it is not difficult to find good games at all. If you seriously cannot find good games you're are either seriously deficient or exaggerating. Just search normal or 100% Rush/ conquest. Whatever you fancy and there will be a list of just that. Favorite what you like and tada, you now have your very own list of not **** servers.
#42darealest47Posted 8/1/2012 4:26:34 PM
All I did was delete the rent of server update and boom I'm playing real legit dice servers.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#43Asakura_ReiPosted 8/1/2012 4:32:23 PM
I'm fine with some of the rented servers, when they have reasonable ticket sizes for rush and their only rules are on spawn camping or stealing veichles in home base.

My problem with the others can be best described with an example. 24/7 rush Kharg Island. No Stingers/IGLA. No Javelins on aircraftt. Admins constantly on attacking side.
#44midnyghtsson265Posted 8/1/2012 6:48:40 PM
BAyers2929 posted...
midnyghtsson265 posted...
Next BF game is gonna get bought used by me. I no longer feel the urge to support them in any way. They are doing the most insane stuff to their fan base...like they are trying to push me away.

Their greed angers me.

Have fun paying the $10 online pass fee, which will make your Used purchase the same price as a new version.

Not if I wait awhile before getting it. I am in no rush...possible I might pass altogether. With the amount of ignorant people feeding this greedy developer, I wouldn't be surprised to see no trace of official servers....all rent-a-servers.

Why do I want an official server? Well...no weird balancing, or being switched in the middle of a game without warning, being seperated from the squad you join with. No weird rules, no random kicks, no weird lag, no ridiculous ticket counts, no ridiculous map rotations.....thats a lot of reasons. You have to search through all that to find a suitable one...then what if you favorite it and they close the server...gotta start the search again...no thanks!

This stuff rarely happens all at once but even individually they are things we can easily avoid by playing a standard server. So thats why a lot of people would just rather a Dice server. Is that really hard to understand?
---
XBL Gamertag- BKB Black Steel
Main Pawn-Jasmine (Strider) - Lvl 150+
#45rareware101Posted 8/2/2012 1:19:18 AM
darealest47 posted...
All I did was delete the rent of server update and boom I'm playing real legit dice servers.

Rent a sever update was included in the last patch so you still have it.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#46Jemas777Posted 8/2/2012 6:13:04 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Jemas777 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Jemas777 posted...
Ok, I'll bite. Why would you want a DICE server? Yes, admins boot. But not as often as people think.

yes, they do boot as often as SOME people think.

so why would I possibly want to risk getting booted when i don't have to?

unless it's a specialty server like ALL SHOTGUNS, ALL PISTOLS, or ALL MORTARS, etc., I avoid private servers

How many times have you been booted/Banned? How many hours have you played?

Again, 8 times since rental servers came out for myself. Over 500 hours. If you are constantly getting booted/banned you're doing something wrong.

Divide that into the roughly 4200(just for 360) rented servers and tell me what you get.

once, twice, or constantly--why would the number of times matter when i can make sure it NEVER happens?

if you don't want to get booted, don't play on a private server.

as long as there are DICE servers, getting booted is not part of the price of admission. i'd rather settle in to a game without having to worry about the capricious nature of whomever is running the server.

and i'm not going to take the time to message the host to find out why he booted me (though one host actually messaged me with a "you shotgun (derogative gay slur here)!" i've got better things to do with my time...like play blissfully online.

and even if i didn't witness it firsthand, there are too many comments on this board, DICE and other forums mentioning the same thing. how many times is enough for you?

i never play without doing a server search anyway. i just make sure now that i use P24 and look for DICE in the corner.

I like the idea of booting players, and admins having control. If someone is being a complete ass(Wasting vechiels, cheating, abusing bugs) they should be booted. DICE won't do that. So what if they have "Lame" rules. There are literally thousands more to choose from. I like to have a choice in what I do. Be cattle and be corralled into one generic version. I happened into a pistol only map. didn't think i was going to like it, and ended up spending two hours in there. Try being a little open minded.

Yes, there are complaints here and in the Battlelog forums about booting. It's the vocal MINORITY and whiners who have too much time. If they took that energy to look for a game they might like, they wouldn't have time to post. Some people just need something to complain about.
---
Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you...
GT: AnyOLName(360)
#47gobuffalo30Posted 8/2/2012 6:16:11 AM
It's the vocal MINORITY and whiners who have too much time

An issue is an issue, regardless of a vocal minority. It doesn't change a valid complaint.
#48namewitheldPosted 8/2/2012 6:35:33 AM
Ive actually given up on this game now, it was taking me 15 minutes to find a rush game and thats that as far as Im concerned.
#49Jemas777Posted 8/2/2012 6:45:02 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
It's the vocal MINORITY and whiners who have too much time

An issue is an issue, regardless of a vocal minority. It doesn't change a valid complaint.

True, but it's a complaint that can be fixed by the complainer with very little effort on their part.
---
Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you...
GT: AnyOLName(360)
#50darkace77450Posted 8/2/2012 6:59:34 AM
namewitheld posted...
Ive actually given up on this game now, it was taking me 15 minutes to find a rush game and thats that as far as Im concerned.

Same. It sucks, but DICE is now dead to me. The positive is that I'm now free and clear of EA...never again will that piece of **** company get a dime from me.