Suppression poll. Good or bad?

#41KageNoSenshiPosted 9/19/2012 11:45:48 AM
Honestly, i'm not about to post a wall explaining why suppression was a good idea for ppl willing to work together & provide cover fire for each other while posting from a phone. It was good & it did work until they "fixed" it into not really working anymore, bcuz the ppl who didn't like it & complained about it wanted a more COD-like experience. Because we know how much this community loathes teamwork.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#42Jemas777Posted 9/19/2012 11:57:43 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Honestly, i'm not about to post a wall explaining why suppression was a good idea for ppl willing to work together & provide cover fire for each other while posting from a phone. It was good & it did work until they "fixed" it into not really working anymore, bcuz the ppl who didn't like it & complained about it wanted a more COD-like experience. Because we know how much this community loathes teamwork.

This is so true.

Don't think of it as a negative, but as a positive. If someone has the drop on you, most of the time they are going to kill you. So suppression doesn't play a role. So if someone shoots at you and misses, use it as a warning. Take cover, zig-zag, jump, anything that may prevent you from being dying. Because Suppression just let you know someone was there.
---
Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you...
GT: AnyOLName(360)
#43gobuffalo30Posted 9/19/2012 12:23:14 PM
So basically take cover because the person couldn't hit you and you can't fight back. Got it.
#44eyeproPosted 9/19/2012 12:31:57 PM
Jemas777 posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...

This is so true.

Don't think of it as a negative, but as a positive. If someone has the drop on you, most of the time they are going to kill you. So suppression doesn't play a role. So if someone shoots at you and misses, use it as a warning. Take cover, zig-zag, jump, anything that may prevent you from being dying. Because Suppression just let you know someone was there.

Why would it be a negative for me? I shoot to kill abd if im missing my opponent i should be outshot. His accuracy shouldnt drop to my level just because i was aleeady shooting. If someone shoots at me and misses why wouldn't I just drop them on the spot. I think you are under estimating how much this hurts more accurate shooters and just how fast someone can die with Headshots.

And why does everyone try to play the COD card as if anything in common with COD automatically makes it a bad experience. COD as a whole package is bad. Still, there are elements of cod that are done right. In the realm of shooters its hard to completely distinguish your self from the industry leader. Battlefield is nothing like COD but I don't see why it wouldn't tune parts of its infantry game to tried and true elements rather than take an approach that rewards inaccuracy.

And how was it a good idea for people working together. I get what you are saying that if someone is being shot at they should have to radio in backup. That's what you want right? A noob that can't hit another player should reduce that players accuracy or they should try and use more tactics to get the first shot. I don't how you use more tactics to get the first shot and not hit someone who is not yet shooting at you and should be rewarded. Also im not seeing how this game would lose any tactical flavor by allowing skilled shooters te ability to overcome multiple unskilled shooters. If they can't hit the more skilled shooter before he can kill 2-3 of them then why should he be penalized because he's being shot at? It's like you act like tactics means a lowered skill level so that one good player is brought down in skill to accomdate unskilled shooters and require multiple shooters to face multiple shooters. Why does the game have to step in and monitor that element?
---
Gamertag: ipro
http://imgur.com/cUt3c 45-5 TDM come at me
#45eyeproPosted 9/19/2012 12:47:26 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
So basically take cover because the person couldn't hit you and you can't fight back. Got it.

This is what suppression fans want. They seem to think that the drop in accuracy the other player suffers creates some sort of tactical cat and mouse game. Why does the game have to step in and tell me it's not a wise choice to shoot back if I have the ability and then lower my ability to a level im not as accurate? it isn't increasing tactics it's simply called skill gating.
---
#46KageNoSenshiPosted 9/19/2012 12:52:43 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...

Yup, take cover because supersonic bits of metal are flying @ you & making the area unsafe.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#47KageNoSenshiPosted 9/19/2012 1:05:54 PM
But we all know y'all wanted BF3 to be another twitch shooter whete you can run into a hail of bullets fearlessly & be a 1 man army. Considering most ppl can't even grasp the concept of teamwork in general, i'm not surprised you don't get it in regards to suppression.

And that's why they nerfed it & made it a non-factor to any non-bolt action rifle. So you can have your run & gun game & not have to factor in a game mechanic that affects risk management decision making & player coordination. Cuz teamwork isn't fun...
---
#48eyeproPosted 9/19/2012 1:18:34 PM(edited)
KageNoSenshi posted...
But we all know y'all wanted BF3 to be another twitch shooter whete you can run into a hail of bullets fearlessly & be a 1 man army. Considering most ppl can't even grasp the concept of teamwork in general, i'm not surprised you don't get it in regards to suppression.

And that's why they nerfed it & made it a non-factor to any non-bolt action rifle. So you can have your run & gun game & not have to factor in a game mechanic that affects risk management decision making & player coordination. Cuz teamwork isn't fun...

If one man ran in and killed a group of people firing on him then that is one badass guy who prolly doesn't need a team. Just saying. The penalty for running is already in the game. Its the whole fact that while running you cant shoot at all, and then there is at least a full second after you stop before you can ADS and fire.

In turn the group of monkeys who couldn't drop ONE single guy would be bad and should feel bad. Does that happen to you and your squad alot?

And I can handle risk management. I feel like Heisenberg (Breaking Bad) here. I dont need some one telling me when im in "danger". I am the DANGER, I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!
---
#49namewitheldPosted 9/19/2012 1:16:58 PM
Halo community up in here.

I HATE BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*RAGE*

Dis game aint for you.
#50Jemas777Posted 9/19/2012 1:40:53 PM
What does it matter, only 25% or people don't want it. That 25% can go play CoD for all I care. It adds a small sense of realism and another game mechanic that most people enjoy. You seem to think of it as a lack of skill or a penalty, when in reality it's a tool. People are afraid of being shot. When being shot at, they do not react the same, plain and simple. Regardless if they are missing you, it's going to affect the shooter. Sometimes you miss on purpose(or if you don't have a good shot), to force them to react in a certain way. Make them move someplace else, stop them from proceeding to where they were heading, buy time for others to catch up or flank.

You keep bringing up that you shouldn't be punished for people missing, that would count as a negative. I look at it as a positive.(Warning repetitive) He missed, now I know someone is there. Why did he miss? Maybe because he was too far away to get an accurate shot, good for me, because I can now turn and fight, or take cover, or devise a plan to get him, or take action so I can continue without getting shot. Or maybe I shot at him, he now knows I am here. Maybe he will stop and fight, letting me get close to get a good shot off, or slow him down a little so a friend can catch him(Distracting him), or force him to take action to prevent him for getting to where he needs to go.

People have a hard time driving while talking on the phone. Do you really think that if someone is shooting at you, accurately or not, you're not going to be distracted in some fashion? Like a loss of accuracy...
---
Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you...
GT: AnyOLName(360)