EA removes new weapons from BF3 Aftermath and End Game DLC

#21Jemas777Posted 10/10/2012 8:21:30 AM(edited)
darkace77450 posted...
specialkid8 posted...
darkace77450 posted...
After they shut their servers off and told us we'd have to foot the bill if we wished to continue playing this really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

If you say so, chief.

How many servers do you pay for to play? You DO NOT HAVE TO RENT A SERVER TO PLAY THIS GAME. It's an option. there are still plenty of Dice servers and there always will be. that's why your statement is dumb.
---
Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you...
GT: AnyOLName(360)
#22Lord_Zath2Posted 10/10/2012 8:20:19 AM
As a consumer, I refused to purchase Premium because I don't like buying on promises.

I also liked how they said premium gets you 20 new weapons. They shouldn't count Karkand since that came out BEFORE Premium came out. Another sore point with me - the revisionism.
#2330aught6Posted 10/10/2012 8:58:37 AM(edited)
The German BF3 site that leaked the new dog tags several weeks before they were released - the ones that are for the Armored Kill assignments - has an article saying that there will be new weapons, in-fact. The source is an European BF3 community manager, I believe.

I'd wait until more Aftermath footage/info is released before people get their pitch forks and torches, as no one has officially stated, EA or DICE, that there won't be any new weapons in the final two expansions.
#24Jemas777Posted 10/10/2012 11:00:24 AM
30aught6 posted...
The German BF3 site that leaked the new dog tags several weeks before they were released - the ones that are for the Armored Kill assignments - has an article saying that there will be new weapons, in-fact. The source is an European BF3 community manager, I believe.

I'd wait until more Aftermath footage/info is released before people get their pitch forks and torches, as no one has officially stated, EA or DICE, that there won't be any new weapons in the final two expansions.

The question is, why would anyone think that there are going to be? I have only ever seen that there would be 20 new weapons, and we have gotten those. The rumor is how people are "Assuming" that because BTK was basically free and included with the game, that there are still 10 more weapons to come. That's just not true.
---
#2530aught6Posted 10/10/2012 11:41:58 AM
Jemas777 posted...
30aught6 posted...

The question is, why would anyone think that there are going to be? I have only ever seen that there would be 20 new weapons, and we have gotten those. The rumor is how people are "Assuming" that because BTK was basically free and included with the game, that there are still 10 more weapons to come. That's just not true.

If you don't know, it was said by the lead DLC designer, Niklas Fegraeus, during the AK live-stream at Gamescom. When asked, "So are there new weapons in Armored Kill?" to which he replied, "No, new vechicles are in Armored Kill. The new weapons will come in Aftermath and Endgame." There are a lot of people who were watching at the time.

Patrick Bach said the same thing as well during an interview. It was also reported by a number of FPS news/media.

In addition to being listed as '10 new weapons' on the Premium page for Aftermath and End Game, before it was changed to 'new weapons', then removed, it was also confirmed by their Twitter account (which is obviously a 3rd party company), which, no doubt, has flash cards to answer questions like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't new weapons, as EA is notorious for stuff like this - they promised 1943 to PS3 users before they pulled back and got sued, and that's why PS3 players get DLC, 2 weeks early, now - but they were planed as part of the DLC for sure, from the outset.

And the whole, "20 new weapons" was basically a place holder for DICE to pimp out Premium during their 'Big Announcement' until they figured out what the final expansions would include, exactly. When they did, the Premium page was revised, listing "10 New Weapons" for Aftermath and Endgame.
#26JrTapia1991Posted 10/10/2012 11:44:38 AM
wow.....that sucks......
---
"Human history is a litany of blood, shed over ideals of rulership and afterlife."-Legion
#27Jemas777Posted 10/10/2012 12:21:50 PM
30aught6 posted...
Jemas777 posted...
30aught6 posted...

If you don't know, it was said by the lead DLC designer, Niklas Fegraeus, during the AK live-stream at Gamescom. When asked, "So are there new weapons in Armored Kill?" to which he replied, "No, new vechicles are in Armored Kill. The new weapons will come in Aftermath and Endgame." There are a lot of people who were watching at the time.

Patrick Bach said the same thing as well during an interview. It was also reported by a number of FPS news/media.

In addition to being listed as '10 new weapons' on the Premium page for Aftermath and End Game, before it was changed to 'new weapons', then removed, it was also confirmed by their Twitter account (which is obviously a 3rd party company), which, no doubt, has flash cards to answer questions like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't new weapons, as EA is notorious for stuff like this - they promised 1943 to PS3 users before they pulled back and got sued, and that's why PS3 players get DLC, 2 weeks early, now - but they were planed as part of the DLC for sure, from the outset.

And the whole, "20 new weapons" was basically a place holder for DICE to pimp out Premium during their 'Big Announcement' until they figured out what the final expansions would include, exactly. When they did, the Premium page was revised, listing "10 New Weapons" for Aftermath and Endgame.

I have only ever seen "20 new weapons" I neve saw anything about weapons for the last two expansion. i would love to see something that had it. People bring up screen shots of the "Base vehicle" issue all the time. but non for this...
---
#28MasterFenix95Posted 10/10/2012 5:36:16 PM
I remember mentions of a 20x zoom scope for snipers before AK. It was even posted on BF3stats as unlockable
#29specialkid8Posted 10/10/2012 5:48:43 PM
Pretty sure that was a dev only thing. A 20X scope would be stupidly stupid.
#3030aught6Posted 10/10/2012 6:01:36 PM
Jemas777 posted...
30aught6 posted...
Jemas777 posted...
30aught6 posted...

I have only ever seen "20 new weapons" I neve saw anything about weapons for the last two expansion. i would love to see something that had it. People bring up screen shots of the "Base vehicle" issue all the time. but non for this...

Huh?

It was plastered on the premium page for nearly 3 months, and came straight out of the devs mouths, chiefly, Bach and Fegraeus on multiple occasions.

Did you not see the image that has been making the rounds? It says 'new weapons' in Aftermath and Endgame. It originally, explicitly, had '10 New Weapons' listed before it was changed, then it was removed altogether .

specialkid8 posted...
Pretty sure that was a dev only thing. A 20X scope would be stupidly stupid.

DICE team members have always had it available to them.

Everyone knows about the silenced .44 with laser, well, the 93R has a version with a laser as well. There's probably a lot more stuff that they fool around with in-house, I'd imagine; the EBR had a 20 round mag in some of the AK teasers.

We never see most of it / pick up those kits because there is 0 privacy on Battlelog for PC, they all play amongst themselves, which explains a lot of the overreaching they do with patching.