Sound issues during campaign!

#1sonicsam6Posted 10/25/2011 7:44:46 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to ask a quick question. I starte playing the campaign an hour ago and after beating the first level and starting the second one, when your character is in the truck with the rest of the soldiers, I noticed that there were subtitles but NO SOUND for them. I just thought maybe it was a little glitch because the sounds were supposed to be the soldier's radio talk. Then throughout the level I kept seeing all the incoming radio chat but I would never hear anything. What's going on? Is it just my game/tv or is this true with everyone else? Can someone please check and confirm before I possibly take this up with DICE to fix? I'm playing on PS3, Level 2, SDTV.
---
PSN: sonicboomsam
XBL: sonicsam69
#2sonicsam6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 8:41:15 PM
Bump: Anyone check it out?
---
#3jrush2011Posted 10/25/2011 9:03:10 PM
sonicsam6 posted...
Hi guys, just wanted to ask a quick question. I starte playing the campaign an hour ago and after beating the first level and starting the second one, when your character is in the truck with the rest of the soldiers, I noticed that there were subtitles but NO SOUND for them. I just thought maybe it was a little glitch because the sounds were supposed to be the soldier's radio talk. Then throughout the level I kept seeing all the incoming radio chat but I would never hear anything. What's going on? Is it just my game/tv or is this true with everyone else? Can someone please check and confirm before I possibly take this up with DICE to fix? I'm playing on PS3, Level 2, SDTV.

Is this the scene you referenced? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCAL_nlcvvM&feature=relmfu on or about 06:09 on the video. Disclaimer: It's not mine. My desire is you successfully resolve the matter troubling you.
#4Rick3481Posted 10/25/2011 9:17:01 PM
Ya, I noticed that too. Seems like all the chatter u should be hearing over the radios is missing. I played around with the sound settings got nowhere
---
PSN = BATTLE-DONKEY
#5skylinefreekPosted 10/25/2011 9:18:14 PM
i could hear it using my headsets and war tapes
---
xbox gt: sinlessorrow
psn: sinlessorrow mgo: SinlesSorrow
#6sonicsam6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 9:52:16 PM
Alright, I'm about to try War Tapes/ a Headset a friend brought over and I'll post back with the results.
---
#7sonicsam6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 9:57:54 PM
Tried War Tapes without headphones on and I continued to hear no radio chatter, but with headphones on, I could. This is strange.. I think I should report it to DICE.
---
#8sonicsam6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 3:33:55 PM
If you guys want this fixed/corrected/patched let em know on their official feedback section. I already made a topic about it!

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/missing_ps3_radio_chatter
---
#9VelendrisPosted 10/28/2011 9:40:34 AM
I'm getting the same thing too, every setting on my external speakers doesn't produce the comms chatter (And I assume some other sound effects are missing too), though when I use my headphones it's fine.
---
"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book".