I havent got a single jet kill.

#21kirklmattyPosted 10/27/2011 9:36:07 PM
2Chalupas posted...

kirklmatty posted...

its much easier when you unlock heat seakers. 2 sucessful hits knocks them to 50% and the jet just burns until it explodes.. anyone stupid enough to stay in a jet when it hits 50% or under deserves to die.i, on the other hand am confident enough in my jet skills to call myself more or less an xpert flyer. by that i mean i get the bare minimum of 3 times aircraft kills per deaths in a jet. then again, i also die a lot because i piss jet flyers off enough to switch to engineer and sit around the entire match looking at the air with stingers.the new chopper controlls are to combat the BC2 campers who fly circles around the bases. im not bad in the new choppers either... assuming i dont accidentally fly into an invincible random light post when shooting at ground units.---i'm not a bad spelr, im jst a bad typrPSN: CapNKirkland

Neither have I. Even when I get a lock on the guy with heat seekrs it's gauranteed to be countered by flares. Likewise I've only been shot down 1 time in a jet...my only deaths are suicides when i try to fly low and take out ground troops (which of course I don't have any of those ****klls either).My only kill against a jet was from the ground, I just happened to get a missle lock at the perfect time when he had alraedy dropped his flares against my teammates jet that was tailing him.

not true, just stay locked on them, (hold R2 to slow down some, makes it easier) and usually they panic deploy, unless they understand the right times to deploy, even then, just shoot one of the 2 heat seakers so flares to deploy, then shoot em with your last seaker, then take them out with the machine gun
---
i'm not a bad spelr, im jst a bad typr
PSN: CapNKirkland
#22xmannyPosted 10/27/2011 9:45:05 PM
kirklmatty posted...

not true, just stay locked on them, (hold R2 to slow down some, makes it easier) and usually they panic deploy, unless they understand the right times to deploy, even then, just shoot one of the 2 heat seakers so flares to deploy, then shoot em with your last seaker, then take them out with the machine gun

Winnar
---
PSN: xX-Alto-Xx
Hell is not a place you go if your not a christian, its the failure of your life's greatest ambition. - Immortal Technique
#23LinkIsSpartanPosted 10/27/2011 9:47:12 PM
You only need to get about 3 kills with the jet before you unlock heat seeking missles, then it becomes very easy. Just tail the enemy jet and start shooting when your close to it. Itll take a few tries, but youll get there.
---
[ O o SKYLINE o O ] PSN : Reach_will_Fall
March 21st, the world wept when i took my first breath
#24linkinzpark88Posted 10/27/2011 9:48:37 PM
I SUCK at flying the jets, it is so much fun, but wow I feel bad when I crash such an expensive plane. :(
---
The Y-A-N-K-E-E-S!
#25FullFrayDogPosted 10/27/2011 10:14:22 PM
I think the heat seeking missile upgrade is exactly half as useful as the air radar. I get loads more kills with that, and it's nearly impossible to stay on me long enough to get a lock.
---
"Nerf Rock, leave Paper"-- Scissors.
#26magemaximusPosted 10/27/2011 10:23:37 PM
Easy to get kills when someone spots enemy vehicles on the ground.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#27ry_mannPosted 10/27/2011 10:46:55 PM
Choppers are actually very, very easy. At least for me, given that I spent a fair amount of time on Battlefield 2 before I got Battlefield 3.

Put them in the hands of a player who understands exactly how to handle the controls, and the attack choppers are a massive force to be reckoned with, it'll put the circle strafers to shame.

Best attack chopper set up is:

Stealth - Makes you harder to lock on to.
IR Flares - In case someone manages to lock on.
Heat Seekers - Fight the jets back, you can switch between these and your normal forward firing rockets.

The gunner can pick whatever else that isn't listed, but must have extinguisher. In the event that someone manages to drop you below 50% or you make a wrong move and hit something.

I'm working on getting some footage of me using the choppers. I don't have Stealth or HS rockets yet, but I'm close. All I need is a decent gunner.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#28bsballa09Posted 10/27/2011 11:05:13 PM
by that i mean i get the bare minimum of 3 times aircraft kills per deaths in a jet.

I wouldn't say you're an expert with a 3:1 KDR with jets... that's more like just above average. I'd say getting at least 6:1 is expert since that is how many you need to get a ribbon.
---
Saying "I call Godwin's Law!" as an attempt to discredit a statement about Hitler/Nazis is using Godwin's Law incorrectly.