How do I get the PDW ribbon?

#1MaxTyrealPosted 11/1/2011 7:54:18 AM
Just need 2 more ribbons, PDW ribbon and Air Warfare ribbon.
But I have no clue on how to get the PDW ribbon.
Does sitting in the gunnerseat of a 2 seat heli and getting the kills, count for the Air Warfare ribbon?
#2radiocafPosted 11/1/2011 7:56:30 AM(edited)
In a round, kill 7 enemies with Personal Defense Arms
Personal defense arms are basically guns you unlock as you level up that can be used for any class.
Here's a list of the weapons that can be used to acquire the PDW Ribbon:
* PP-2000 - Unlocked at Rank 7
* UMP-45 - Unlocked at Rank 16
* PDW-R - Unlocked at Rank 32
* P90 - Unlocked at Rank 40
* AS Val - Unlocked at Rank 45
* MP7 - Unlocked at 189,000 coop score
* MP5 - Unlocked with Back to Karkand DLC
* PP-19 - Unlocked with Back to Karkand DLC
---
Oh wow... Just realised I'm a GameFAQs Veteran :D
PSN ID: radiocaf
#3p06111981Posted 11/1/2011 7:56:03 AM
LOL.

PDW is a Personal Defence Weapon such as the PP2000 or Mp7 (maybe the ump45 as well).

Get 7 kills in a round with a PDW for the ribbon.
#4Double991Posted 11/1/2011 7:57:57 AM
For the PDW try using the PP2000 or the UMP45. For AIr Warfare, you can't use the heicopter with the 2 machine guns on the sides because that is a transport vehicle.
---
PSNs : [GFL] Double991 & [WTF] Doubie991
Real? is this before or after monsters leap from your corpse and you respawn like nothing happened? - OnslaughtX
#5flintsilver7Posted 11/1/2011 7:58:09 AM
PDWs are essentially machine pistols and small submachine guns. The first one unlocked is the PP-2000. They replace your primary.

I think the gunner seat works if it's a strike helicopter. The choppers that have the miniguns mounted supposedly count as transport vehicles, not air vehicles (go figure). What I did for this trophy in Vietnam was to actually turn the chopper (by D) or just get in and get to the gunner seat (by A) and shoot people while it was on the ground because I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with those rockets. I don't think this works any more.
---
PSN: Flint7
(Thought for the [day/week/month/year]: Was the Wii the worst $250 I've ever spent? I think so.)
#6MaxTyreal(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 8:01:27 AM
Thx radiocaf

I have been playing with the M1014 shotgun, it's a pdw if you look it up on wiki but does not count for the ribbon.
Going to switch my engineer to the UMP so I can get the ribbon!

Does anyone know the answer to the Air Warfare ribbon?
#7MaxTyreal(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 8:04:07 AM
same here flintsilver7, I can fly no problem but getting kills is like throwing sand at ants!
#8flintsilver7Posted 11/1/2011 8:13:40 AM
MaxTyreal posted...
same here flintsilver7, I can fly no problem but getting kills is like throwing sand at ants!

In Vietnam the damage was just way too low. Getting multiple hit markers with helicopter-fired rockets didn't make too much sense to me. In this, with a good pilot you can get a few kills. I think the idea of having transport helicopters not count as air vehicles is pretty terrible and I suspect it might be patched (it's not just a transport vehicle or an air vehicle - it's both and it should count as both).

As of right now, I think a simple way to determine whether a chopper works or not is if it holds more than two, it's a transport vehicle.
---
PSN: Flint7
(Thought for the [day/week/month/year]: Was the Wii the worst $250 I've ever spent? I think so.)