How low do you have to fly to be under radar/lock-on from ground to air?

#1groccoPosted 5/21/2012 8:43:41 AM
I'm assuming the altitude measurement is in feet, correct? (or is it meters?) The other night I was flying a heli around 20 feet or so off the ground and was still getting the lock tone. Do my wheels need to be touching the ground to avoid stingers? Damn...
---
PSN: GRocco1970
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#2TrgaDaBestPosted 5/21/2012 8:53:07 AM
Did you get shot by a stinger?
Maybe it was a laser designator trying to lock you?
---
PSN: TrgaDaBest I'm Trigga and I'm the Best at what I does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRpvdH8_yQ
#3grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 9:02:08 AM
It could have been, but I don't remember seeing anyone (not that that means anything). There is no way to tell the difference between a ground lock and an air lock, right?
---
#4TrgaDaBestPosted 5/21/2012 9:18:57 AM
Not that I'm aware of. I'm a noob in the sky though so I could be wrong.

I know there were times when I was flying around like a lunatic and I could hear that I was locked on to for a good minute but no one ever fired at me. I would assume i was laser marked but no one had a jav/guided shell.
---
PSN: TrgaDaBest I'm Trigga and I'm the Best at what I does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRpvdH8_yQ
#5JStewVGMPosted 5/21/2012 10:36:58 AM
Yeah it was probably a SoFlam or third seat in a tank marking.
#6JStewVGMPosted 5/21/2012 10:37:36 AM
Wait... what is your current set up?

Sorry double post
#7grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 11:06:14 AM
I don't remember off the top of my head, I haven't been flying helis long though, so probably nothing great.
---
#8Sleeping DragonPosted 5/21/2012 1:41:05 PM
Just wondering, since you said you haven't been flying in helicopters too long, but did you unlock Under the Radar?

I'm assuming you have, but it is a later perk, so you might not have it if you don't have too much experience with the vehicle yet.
#9grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 2:33:19 PM
Sleeping Dragon posted...
Just wondering, since you said you haven't been flying in helicopters too long, but did you unlock Under the Radar?

I'm assuming you have, but it is a later perk, so you might not have it if you don't have too much experience with the vehicle yet.

That doesn't sound familiar. I just looked it up, it's called 'below radar' and nope, I don't have it yet.
---
#10ilovecolddeckPosted 5/21/2012 2:42:53 PM
If it shows on yo' HUD thing as a red "Lock" then it's laser guided.. if it's white then it's just a normal lock.. I'm not too sure on the below radar and how it works I never rely on it to save my sphincter
---
[R3D] London-SV