Switching over from COD. Any advice?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Switching over from COD. Any advice?

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
4 years ago#11
TDM doesn't have vehicles...since that's a large part of the BF franchise I say yes you are missing out...that said if you enjoy TDM I say all the power to you...it's not awful...just lacking IMHO

If you get some of the DLC try gun master...it's pretty much a direct ripoff of gun game but it's still loads of fun
PSN: Spetsnaz420

User Info: IhateMelvin

IhateMelvin
4 years ago#12
As a sniper, let me give you some pointers.

First off, don't try it until you are used to this game, as it has a huge learning curve to snipe. Once you do start sniping, find the gun that works for you, and stick to it. I prefer the L96 over all but it's a matter of opinion. Also, don't be some useless sniper sitting in the hills missing every shot. Do what I do, spot everyone you see, take out objectives, pull out secondary in close quarters, and squad up with your friends so you can tell them what to do. I have a friend I usually play with and he rolls Assault and I roll either Engineer or Recon. We do good, and often take out the objectives.

Also, I could send you some more sniping tips in a message if you want?
Do not explain the plot! If you don't understand you should not be here! Your money is now our money and we will, spend it on DRUUUUGSSSSSSS!!!!! - Mastodon

User Info: zachammer

zachammer
4 years ago#13
Inb4gungamewasrippedofffromcs
There's no sense in prayin' to he who is slavin' you.

User Info: diebuster2

diebuster2
4 years ago#14
Fun Fact: Gun game originated from Counter Strike.
Playing: Ico&SOTC HD, BF3. Favourite: Xenogears.
Official Fat Princess of the PSASBR board.

User Info: sickie09ismine

sickie09ismine
4 years ago#15
Ive played rush and conquest..and i dont really have that much fun playing in the vehicles
PSN- Sickie09ismine

User Info: greyfox767

greyfox767
4 years ago#16
If you really want to snipe, I recommend the sv98.
http://error1355.com/img/gfaq/ce/25/75-greyfox767.png
http://i.imgur.com/KufjI.jpg

User Info: sickie09ismine

sickie09ismine
4 years ago#17
Oh jeez..yes..the SV98 will be ur lover..until you unlock the L96..then you have a love triangle goin on ;)
PSN- Sickie09ismine

User Info: eezoBeezo

eezoBeezo
4 years ago#18
I also switched over from COD. If you want to play TDM or fast-paced action, I would stick with COD. What sets Battlefield apart are the vehicles and the need for teamwork in objective-based modes like Rush and CQ.

My advice would be to remember to use your kits often to help your team out. Also, spam SELECT and spot for your team.
PSN: eezoBeezo (on Asia Servers)
youtube: SirEezoBeezo(gaming), eugenebang(short films/variety), bangandjennie(Korean cooking show)

User Info: 1203Maverick

1203Maverick
4 years ago#19
People tell you to spot the enemies.
You do that by pressing the SELECT button while looking at the enemies.
Trone_Colby: "Didn't you hear? Bad Luck is the best player in the world! I tried to add him but his list was full".

User Info: so_beast247

so_beast247
4 years ago#20
I'm a bit of a BF noob myself. If you want to play with me, my PSN is in my sig.
My reviews: http://somegamersopinion.blogspot.com/
PSN: so_beast247
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Switching over from COD. Any advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived