Why are all the battles in this game US vs. Russia when the PLR are the "bad" ar

#31Captain_Sexy_TPosted 6/17/2012 10:27:16 PM
rebelleader13 posted...
^ *cough cough* sarcasm.

What, it illegal to give stupid answers to sarcastic questions now?
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi
Join Hardcore Hamburger Time! (BF3, PS3) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241227623349/
#32ARMR_SagittAxOTPosted 6/18/2012 2:37:51 AM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
rebelleader13 posted...
^ *cough cough* sarcasm.

What, it illegal to give stupid answers to sarcastic questions now?

Criminal s***, you have violated the law of Skyfield. And now will pay with XP or your blood. What is your choice?
---
Maybe you guys let the enemy cap flags so you don't spawn camp. Or just like points, like Mike . . . Scorex_VII
#33ARMR_SagittAxOTPosted 6/18/2012 2:42:52 AM
Note: I only played through the campaign once on hard on the first three days after release, and these scattered informations are what I recalls.
---
Maybe you guys let the enemy cap flags so you don't spawn camp. Or just like points, like Mike . . . Scorex_VII
#34conduitPosted 6/18/2012 3:28:37 AM
the PLR would be severely underequipped, underfunded and be wiped out at the beginning of every match. thats why they are not a playable team in multiplayer.
---
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~
#35ARMR_SagittAxOTPosted 6/18/2012 3:31:56 AM
conduit posted...
the PLR would be severely underequipped, underfunded and be wiped out at the beginning of every match. thats why they are not a playable team in multiplayer.

But since we were always in their territory, they would be outnumbering the opposition. They had MBTs, IFVS and jets and possibly helicopters to their disposal and could make fun gamemodes.

But don't worry! Aftermath will tell that tale.
---
#36conduitPosted 6/18/2012 3:32:24 AM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
But GTA has multi-ethnicity mass murdering, keeps things equal.

I'm not prejudiced, I kill everyone equally. lol
---
#37conduitPosted 6/18/2012 3:42:28 AM
ARMR_SagittAxOT posted...
conduit posted...

But since we were always in their territory, they would be outnumbering the opposition. They had MBTs, IFVS and jets and possibly helicopters to their disposal and could make fun gamemodes.

the game modes you are talking about are called co-op I believe. lol.

but yeah, its a fun idea.
---
#38ARMR_SagittAxOTPosted 6/18/2012 3:46:45 AM
^ Yep, and campaign. They make good opponent materials. Maybe a survival mode against them, or maybe gamemode where PLR has more number but less arsenal against small amount of enemies with more arsenal.

An idea is an idea :/ but Aftermath sounds intriguing.
---
#39Phad VickersPosted 6/18/2012 6:35:55 AM
supertomato_13 posted...
If i remember right the US & Russians wern't enemies at all in the game, they were both attempting the same exact mission and ended up fighting each other because of a misunderstanding or something...?

The enemies were always the PLR, *SPOILERS*(Solomen & Kaffarov). So i dunno what Dice were thinking with the multiplayer factions but they probably chose Russia vs the US because it's easier to understand.

They could at least have the PLR faction on Tehran highway!

How do you cover text with the black box??

Indeed, BF2 pitted NATO against the MEC and PLA. Maps were either United States against the MEC, or the United States against the PLA The expansion added in other NATO nations.

2142 had NATO become the European Union only, while China and Russia moved into the middle east, become the PAC.

It was the Bad Company series that had the Americans and Russians go to war with eachother.

...but that could only work if this was really Bad Company 3 rebranded as simply BF3 to draw in older fans...which is impossible right?
#40JC1983Posted 6/18/2012 7:34:34 AM
It just works better.
1. People like playing as Russians and Americans.
2. They are fairly on par in terms of military tech.
3. Neither side will ruffle feathers like others potentially will.

It is just easier having USA Vs. RU.