Sigh...Revives Are Overpowered

#11Spetsnaz420Posted 10/9/2012 9:50:54 PM
Campbell3790 posted...
Barrel Dragon posted...
Agreed. I wish they'd make headshots/explosive deaths non-revivable.

I think the wierdest thing, is that a deffribuvulamalator wont actually kick start your heart if its stopped, it only works if the beat is fading or whatever. I think...

It works under 2 conditions if it's beating to slowly or too fast...defibs actually just reset the heart in an attempt to regain normal fibrillation
---
If you igla when you should have RPG'ed, you're gonna have a bad time
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#12EnteredShikariPosted 10/11/2012 3:08:40 AM
I think a headshot should = no revive, anything else = revivable, would be a good test nerf. Maybe?
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/Siutgarden
#13AlexanderMahonePosted 10/11/2012 5:50:25 AM
Yeah i agree, i hate when i play against a team full of medics.
#14Scarlet-RavenPosted 10/11/2012 6:14:22 AM
AlexanderMahone posted...
Yeah i agree, i hate when i play against a team full of medics.

Dont worry they usually are the team that loses.
---
PSN: Scarlet-Raven
Give'em a lost, dog.
#15PuffPuffPastorPosted 10/11/2012 1:37:28 PM
The revive cool down time is ridiculous.

Killing three guys and then having their medic buddy run in, kill me and revive all of them rubs me the wrong way. I felt this exact way in Bad Company 2.

I think there should be a longer cool down time, a limited number of revives per life. (Maybe a "power" bar that has two revive uses and after that can be replenished by an ammo bag.)

Or, make it so you have to be crouched/prone for it to work. I've revived people standing up and 5 feet away from their corpse.
---
Beep Beep...Sweep!
#16Got_SonyPosted 10/11/2012 1:51:52 PM
Campbell3790 posted...
Barrel Dragon posted...

I think the wierdest thing, is that a deffribuvulamalator wont actually kick start your heart if its stopped, it only works if the beat is fading or whatever. I think...

Yes it does. If you're heart stops, defibs jumpstarts your heart with Cpr.

Also, I say that in order to revive people we must do CPR and just ditch the defibs in general. You gotta go to the dead body and start doing CPR for 4-10 seconds in order to save them.
---
PSN: bluehollister
Alternate PSN: Big_BIaze
#17ARMR_SagittAxOT(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 2:16:22 PM
^ Might be riskier than rigging an MCOM.
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GkaGNjI1ebA Not taking the link out until A Summer Day's Dream Ep.3 is published, Tewi have stolen precious watermelons >_>
#18Spetsnaz420Posted 10/11/2012 10:33:05 PM
Got_Sony posted...
Campbell3790 posted...
Barrel Dragon posted...

Yes it does. If you're heart stops, defibs jumpstarts your heart with Cpr.

Also, I say that in order to revive people we must do CPR and just ditch the defibs in general. You gotta go to the dead body and start doing CPR for 4-10 seconds in order to save them.

Dude...you are so wrong about this

Define do nothing to start a completely stopped heart it only works if the person is in A-fib or V-fib, neither of these states includes a stopped heart, in fact most smart defibrillators will not send a shock if it doesn't detect and heart activity.

While every second counts when administering CPR, 4 - 10 seconds is inaccurate. People have been revived after in a state of clinical death for much longer. CPR was never intended to bring people back to life, it does however help prolong the transfer from clinical death (heart stopped, breathing stopped) to biological death (the point of no return after vital organs has gone without oxygen for too long) by circulating oxygenated blood.

Not sure about the states, but in Canada if you start CPR on a person l, you are obligated under law to continue CPR until medical professionals can take over, even if the victim is long gone.

That's just what I remember from CPR training
---
If you igla when you should have RPG'ed, you're gonna have a bad time
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#19williamsj881Posted 10/13/2012 3:19:32 AM
. The AED will not shock someone if the pts heart is completely stopped. Cpr is an amazing tool, but the reality is the success rate is low. It is also incredibly destructive and not something someone just gets up from. I went to an autopsy of a guy i administrated cpr to, it was interesting.
---
PSN Sgtwilliams1306
#20YuwaiPosted 10/13/2012 10:29:04 AM(edited)
It's simple... just make the Defib have a limited amount of charges.

Also we kill the Batman.
---
Go ahead. Make my day.