Need multiplayer help

#111Y2i3m0dPosted 6/27/2014 10:01:11 PM
jamieeng posted...
Thanks guys. On Conquest and Rush I seem lost, the maps are gigantic and I can't find any enemies...

Follow/spawn on your teammates, especially your squad (green tags). Don't bother with Rush, the maps are too big for small number of players so the action is spread out too much. Rush maps are big but the action is always in one place near the objectives.

FYI arming & blowing up MCOM objectives in Rush gives you like 8 kills worth of points.
---
If you believe in JESUS and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#12jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 2:31:10 AM
How do I spawn on a team mate
#13ARMR_SagittAxOTPosted 6/28/2014 5:25:16 AM
jamieeng posted...

You can only spawn on Squadmates (Green Players). You do this in the Respawn menu where you can use L3 to select where you spawn, such as a vehicle, objective or squad mate.

Do note that you cannot do this in Team Death Match. Which I thought was somewhat strange. You can spawn on your squad mates in basically every other mode in the original game.

@1Y2i3m0d

You meant don't bother with Conquest because it is too big, not Rush I think.

Personally, I agree to a certain extent. But you are avoiding a big part of the game by doing so. Cnquest is a lot of fun if you can get into it.
---
New Order Nation
"I am going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way, I will not jump." - Unknown
#14mudkipz666Posted 6/28/2014 2:43:35 PM
I have to come in here and reiterate: one can't stress enough how important it is to PTFO. Even if your kd/r isn't too hot in a given match, you can still be of huge use to your team (and rack up huge amounts of points) by PlayingTFO. Hell, you might even be MORE useful a lot of times like that than someone else with a better kd/r.
---
PSN: UrMomLieksMudkip, BF3 server: Mudkipz' Funhouse
#151Y2i3m0dPosted 6/28/2014 4:55:09 PM
ARMR_SagittAxOT posted...
jamieeng posted...

You can only spawn on Squadmates (Green Players). You do this in the Respawn menu where you can use L3 to select where you spawn, such as a vehicle, objective or squad mate.

Do note that you cannot do this in Team Death Match. Which I thought was somewhat strange. You can spawn on your squad mates in basically every other mode in the original game.

@1Y2i3m0d

Personally, I agree to a certain extent. But you are avoiding a big part of the game by doing so. Cnquest is a lot of fun if you can get into it.

Yep sorry that was a typo, I meant don't bother with Conquest. I only play Rush.

I played Conquest for the first month or so after release (fair enough this was when all the Christmas noobs were flooding the game) and it was horrible. Too many players and very few people actually playing objectives (I remember numerous times capturing a base all on my own after killing only 1 enemy, and aside from the same guy coming back to get revenge it wasn't tough to protect it because players would usually just stay where the action is already happening). Everyone was just playing for kills and it was impossible to avoid Stingers/Javelin lock-ons.

Rush is a lot better but nearly as well done as BC2, namely due to the awesome maps in BC2 (Valpraiso was epic). The maps are now too linear in BF4.
---
#161Y2i3m0dPosted 6/28/2014 4:56:00 PM
ARMR_SagittAxOT posted...
jamieeng posted...

@1Y2i3m0d

Yep sorry that was a typo, I meant don't bother with Conquest. I only play Rush.

I played Conquest for the first month or so after release (fair enough this was when all the Christmas noobs were flooding the game) and it was horrible. Too many players and very few people actually playing objectives (I remember numerous times capturing a base all on my own after killing only 1 enemy, and aside from the same guy coming back to get revenge it wasn't tough to protect it because players would usually just stay where the action is already happening). Everyone was just playing for kills and it was impossible to avoid Stingers/Javelin lock-ons.

Rush is a lot better but nearly as well done as BC2, namely due to the awesome maps in BC2 (Valpraiso was epic). The maps are now too linear in BF4.
---
#17EnteredShikariPosted 7/16/2014 10:33:19 PM
Alright guys I think he knows what PTFO means, maybe give him more practical advice.

And I dont think its bad to play TDM, especially if youre a noob or transitioning from COD. Actually its probably bad to start off in Conquest or Rush, as they are the most often dominated by high ranked players who have mastered vehicles, and noobs line the TC are just going to end up frustrated.

Play TDM if you want to. If you really want to go into CQ (conquest) or Rush, modes where vehicles are very often the way to play, you should maybe go into an Unranked server thats empty, hop into a tank or heli and learn their control through trial and error, without other people bothering and attacking you. Ill let someone else explain how to do that in the server browser if you cant figure it out.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/aCid_mEltdoWn_
#18EnteredShikariPosted 7/16/2014 10:38:45 PM
Also, never listen to WizardOfHoth, he is pretty much the 1 person to ever say that the single player is better than the multiplayer in BF3. He is also rumored to be 1 of the homeless members of Dirty Mike & the Boys, and to be of a foul stench
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/aCid_mEltdoWn_
#19ARMR_SagittAxOTPosted 7/17/2014 8:28:51 AM
I thought it was TJ at first from all the complaining. Maybe he's an alt?
---
New Order Nation
"I am going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way, I will not jump." - Unknown
#20enjelsamaPosted 7/17/2014 10:07:56 PM
TDM is where I started, but disliked it...
Its shining moment, is quick kills you get to level up guns, and not so much one of the 4 classes(Kits)

Rush was nice, cause well... once you find a group who plays rush. Its fun and kills and point just go flying! Good way to learn maps in small sections, both on Attackers and Defend.
Great way to find hiding spots and most common ones to avoid.

Conquest is nice, But large scale maps can have you looking and looking... and doing nothing.
Very hard to work on vechile use when many users are steps ahead... =/
I've been trying to get guided missle.. last night, no one wanted the chopper. Soon as I started use it I found out why. One guy.. just one guy who was a Master Jet/Cobra user kept everyone grounded.
Conquest is something you come back to when you get some skills and knowledge of maps.(and stuff used on them)

Rush for Exp for Kits, TDM for Weapon kills.

I'd also reccomend doing co-op missions. Just repeat Chopper one or any that you find easy.
Guns unlocked via Co-op missions go for any kits!
Mp7 makes great TDM gun, or up CQC gun in Rush. (itlest with extended mag)
And 93r (3burst pistol) makes a awesome secondary.
Few of others are nice to.
So having a familier gun on all Kits lets you switch around and level them up.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie