If your game won't install

#1SpiritualBeggaPosted 2/10/2012 11:09:40 AM
I had a rather strange problem with my copy of The Darkness II - it simply wouldn't install. Instead, it kept freezing before choosing your HDD ...

I found the fix in another forum:
Just sign out and install the game.
Later on, it works fine.
Apparently, a number of games have this issue now (might be a problem with MS' firmware).

I just wanted to let folks know if they have the same issue ...
#2GateCaptainPosted 2/10/2012 12:50:25 PM
Thank you for the information :)
#3viewtifuldrewPosted 2/10/2012 4:47:20 PM
Nice one man! thanks for the info!
---
add me: PSN: Viewtifuldrew
360: Maglauncher
#4kazecamPosted 2/10/2012 8:10:30 PM
It wouldn't install for me either so I started playing to see if a patch had been released that fixes this and tadah. It installed after the update
---
You can smash it but don't ever put a ring on it
PSN- Megadeuce/Gamertag-SENPU
#5hedmunky8472576Posted 2/11/2012 7:52:37 AM
Had the same happen to me. I signed out and then the game immediately started to install. Some people are having success with downloading the patch and then installing, but it didn't work for me, I did the sign out thing.
#6jonsushiPosted 2/11/2012 2:26:31 PM
SpiritualBegga posted...
Just sign out and install the game.
Later on, it works fine.
Apparently, a number of games have this issue now (might be a problem with MS' firmware).

I just recently got Lego Star Wars 3 and it wouldn't install to my fairly new machine. I posted about the issue over there & got the same advice. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but if this is a common issue with other games that's rather discouraging. At least there seems to be a workaround.
---
Playing: Skyrim, ME2(360), Uncharted 3, BF3, Rage, Borderlands GOTY
Wants: Borderlands 2, Syndicate, ME3
#7Meijimasha13Posted 2/11/2012 6:04:03 PM
Came to this board because of this issue.

Signing out when it was frozen didn't work, turned off the console, restarted, signed out, and THEN hit install.

Working just fine now.

Thanks a bunch, TC!
---
www.rebelallianceclan.com
#8Python_2k9Posted 2/11/2012 6:32:30 PM
Thank you so much, man!

I signed out and hit install. Started up immediately.
---
Patrolling through the GameFaqs boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
#9MrBlackv1Posted 2/13/2012 7:42:53 PM
Just wanted to say thanks. Was about ready to give up on trying to play this game thinking there was something wrong. Followed your advice and now it's actually installing.
#10kyle78Posted 2/15/2012 1:00:29 AM
Funny you mention this, ever since the latest dashboard update . I can't install certain games, and certain games I've already had installed uninstalled themselves.
---
GT: Kylehboc PSN: Kylehbocc
Gamestop, a specialty store without reasonable prices.