Someone please make a GameFAQS server.

#1_borTPosted 4/26/2012 5:36:05 PM
Need some people to play with.. not sure I can convince my friends to get this. It would be fun to have a static group of people to play and grow with. My old-ass computer can't really handle hosting I don't think, though.
#2RevWhateverPosted 4/27/2012 5:03:54 PM
I guess my next question becomes: How2HostServerPl0x?

I keep my PC on all the time. Decent connection. All that other crap. Also, would there be any software specifically for server hosting? I guess I could check on that last one. Whatever.
#3_borT(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 5:48:35 PM
I think I got one running just from the multiplayer options. They give a bunch of advice on how to get going in the menus. It's just my computer is super old and terrible.
#4RevWhateverPosted 4/27/2012 10:43:07 PM
Yep. Have one hosted. No name for it. Haven't messed with that part yet. Also unsure if I need to advertise my IP for that, or if it can be joined through Steam. If it can be joined through Steam, feel free. I'm the only RevWhatever there. I think. Unless I have impersonators, now, which I doubt.
#5RevWhateverPosted 4/27/2012 10:46:52 PM
Double post: I'm going to see about modifying server info and such so it'll show up on the list as GFAQS, or some crap like that. If it's not available, I may be off updating my version (two patches since I fist posted here!), or your version may not be the same as mine. Good luck coordinating versions, but at least I'll try to keep up.
#6_borT(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:00:45 PM
Alright I'll keep an eye out for it. :)
#7RevWhateverPosted 5/1/2012 9:30:21 PM
I had one hosted, but had some major conflicts with software wife needed for school. It seems Hamachi + AVWW + several browsers + other software =/= a good time for my PC.

I'd try it without Hamachi, but my ISP doesn't seem to like the idea of giving me a static IP, so my modem isn't happy doing some port forwarding. Whatever. I'll keep looking into other solutions, but, for now, I'm unable to host.
#8DirksadePosted 5/12/2012 2:59:05 PM
RevWhatever posted...
I had one hosted, but had some major conflicts with software wife needed for school. It seems Hamachi + AVWW + several browsers + other software =/= a good time for my PC.

I'd try it without Hamachi, but my ISP doesn't seem to like the idea of giving me a static IP, so my modem isn't happy doing some port forwarding. Whatever. I'll keep looking into other solutions, but, for now, I'm unable to host.

easiest way to avoid the need for a static ip, is getting a dyndns domain. They are free, and they even have a program that will keep your dynamic ip address associated with the dyndns domain.
---
It takes and idiot to do cool things, thats why they're cool.