Send your complaints to Nicalis NOW

#21Hiroshi_MishimaPosted 5/5/2012 12:26:53 PM
I don't know if I want to complain, or just get angry. How many times are they going to rerelease the same gods-damned game? I don't care if it's now in fancy "3-D" graphics, it's the same friggin' game people have been playing for like 10 years now.

It'd be different if it contained a totally new storyline/plot, characters and such with the 3-D elements.. you know, a sequel or spin-off or something BESIDES the same old game now with fancier graphics.

I'm reminded of when Square-Enix made FF3 for the DS, and it was basically a dumbed down port with N64 graphics and a buncha unnecessary Wifi crap thrown in.

I guess what bothers me is that the guy (or whoever) who made this game is basically just not even trying to come up with something new and is merely content to rehash the same thing over and over so that people will keep buying it. Perhaps if they were the ONLY ones in the industry doing this I might not mind so much. But the fact that this kinda thing is a terrible trend within the industry these last couple years, it only feels like a bigger slap in the face.

And don't get me started on the price-tag. 3-D isn't that expensive to make, certainly not the kind that this game uses. That's like when Nintendo actually thought the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time was worth the asking price (it wasn't); it's still the same damn game that's been available on 3 other platforms (N64, GCN, and Wii).
#22NeoNewJocosityPosted 5/7/2012 5:45:17 AM
Hiroshi_Mishima posted...
And don't get me started on the price-tag. 3-D isn't that expensive to make, certainly not the kind that this game uses. That's like when Nintendo actually thought the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time was worth the asking price (it wasn't); it's still the same damn game that's been available on 3 other platforms (N64, GCN, and Wii).

You realize that the 3DS effects aren't the only thing these games are adding, right? >_> They updated all the models and textures from Ocarina of Time to make them higher quality, and completely redid Cave Story's graphics from scratch to be 3D models instead of just pixels. It might be the same damn game as far as gameplay is concerned, but that doesn't mean it's literally the same game; just because you might not think updated graphics is worth the price doesn't mean that they don't have developers to pay for the game they made.
---
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac85/XStationCube/132514436115.gif