What do I need to do to get the best ending? (Minor Spoilers)

#1CVNut13Posted 12/27/2011 11:38:06 AM
I made it all the way to the Core fight when I realized that since I already have the 0.8 Booster that I can't save Curly and get the best ending. ._.;
So, what I'm going to do is start a new game on a seperate file and do it right this time so I can get the best ending on my first playthrough. Before I do that, would anyone be so kind as to provide a spoiler-free list of what I need to do (and what I should NOT do) so I can get the best ending?

I only made it up to the Core fight, so I know everything up until there, and I know that I have to not get the 0.8 Booster in order to get a Tow Rope for Curly. Thanks for helping! <3
---
Oh my god, a girl on the internet. What is this world coming to?
#2Captain_StifuPosted 12/27/2011 1:10:34 PM
Honestly, once you've done that, the rest is obvious enough.

To sum things up:
- Not long after the Core fight, in the cabin, drain water from Curly then take her with you
- Meet Curly again later on, then get her the mushroom from the graveyard
- Talk to Curly until she gives you an item
#3TorchicBlazikenPosted 12/27/2011 5:04:06 PM
Something very important that I missed on the first playthrough:

I am trying to make this as vague as possible to avoid spoilers. After sleeping in a bed as part of the plot, you must talk to one of the two who are standing next to an object you must use.

The reason for this is that you had lost your Booster and doing this will give it back to you. You need to keep it from then on in order for you to get the best ending.

I actually did this but then died and forgot to do it, then saved after I missed my chance.